Need help with decision on a new site. 3.0.6 or 4.0 upgrade?

I'm getting a new site made for me. I have an existing 3.0.6 license I could use for the new site. Designer is charging me $300.

Or

I can buy a new 4.0 license for $400 and the design for this version will be $600 since an entirely new template would have to made for the new infastructure.so total would be $1000

$1000 for a 4.0 site or $300 for a 3.0.6 site?

From what I hear is obsolete, no upgrading. No importing products from old cscart to the new version…any advice appreciated. Thank you in advance

Why buy a 4.0 license? Your V3 license is good for it unless you are adding storefronts… Just don't make it publicly accessible before you're ready to switch over. Do your work under 4.0 since you aren't content with 3.0.

you should use Cs-cart 3.0.6 then you can upgrade to 4.0. and design for this version.

I can design for cs-cart 4 for $400 (not $600), post your job at here: [url=“CS-Cart Jobs for September 2022 | Freelancer”]http://www.freelancer.com/jobs/cs-cart/[/url]

Why would go with 3.0.6 and then later upgrade and get a new design for 4.0. When I can bypass the hassle and get 4.0 now. From what I hear v4 is still buggy. Besides being faster I really don't see such an incentive for going with v4. Hopefully you guys can enlighten me.

Why would go with 3.0.6 and then later upgrade and get a new design for 4.0. When I can bypass the hassle and get 4.0 now. From what I hear v4 is still buggy. Besides being faster I really don't see such an incentive for going with v4. Hopefully you guys can enlighten me.

We always stick with the older version until they are AT LEAST a couple of releases into a new version. The first 2 or 3 releases of a new version always tend to have a lot more bugs. CS-Cart 3.0.6 is VERY stable. I would not use version 4 on a production site yet. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

This also depends on the needs. If not too complex, using latest version is not too bad.

Hi guys.

I personally will wait and stick with 3.0.6 until I can't find

a server with PHP 5.3

I have a business to keep running and really can't afford

to lose customers who don't care that my software has bugs.

It's just like a real store. Will a customer come back if their

first experience is awful. Sure, customers should be a little

human and forgive the little guy but that type of customer

is drying up in these times…

3.0.6 is as solid as a rock. It has all I need.

Pavel and his fellow miracle workers have done a great job

on limited resources. They are not making squillions which

is a shame because if they did then we would get 24/7 live

help.

Unfortunately my 3.0.6 site only has months to live.

PHP 5.4 or nothing is my host's indication.

Good news. I may be able to get set up on an old server running PHP 5.2+

so now I can wait until CScart 4.0.x is reasonably stable