Mysql 2.12 Database password change

MySql Database password change what does it effect?

As an example I am trying to do a 2.12 database export of email addresses and user names but am unable to do so and most likely it is because I misplaced my password.

Currently my store works fine and I can use PHPmyadmin to look at my database but the password is encrypted.

If i set up a new password for my MySql database will it effect my store? do I need to change my config file or some other file with the new password?

[quote name=‘Traveler’]MySql Database password change what does it effect?

As an example I am trying to do a 2.12 database export of email addresses and user names but am unable to do so and most likely it is because I misplaced my password.

Currently my store works fine and I can use PHPmyadmin to look at my database but the password is encrypted.

If i set up a new password for my MySql database will it effect my store? do I need to change my config file or some other file with the new password?[/QUOTE]

Hello Traveler,

You will need to update your new Mysql password in your config.local.php file under the Database Connections section.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Hello Traveler,

You will need to update your new Mysql password in your config.local.php file under the Database Connections section.[/quote]

Thank you - new thought my old password should be there - let me go look…

Yes, it is there. Thanks again.

I was able to do my email address export once I found my password which turned out to not be the main issue at all.

I used CSCart_users

instead of cscart_users as the source table.

I had no idea that Linux was so fussy.

Now I have to edit my user list for duplicates and other issues and I should be good to go for my newsletter.