my first post

hi there,

I’m new to cs cart,and i found it because i’m a developer(beginner),and i was very unhappy with VIRTUEMART due to bugs etc…

So now here i am,I made my client buy a license and i will be building the site for him.

Since i’m dealing with a serious client(more than 900 products), i can’t afford to use a version of cart that is not totally stable(2.0.5 and 2.0.6).

I’ve been reading this forum for many hours,and i noticed developers talking about that the version 1.3.5 sp4 it is the MOST STABLE(altough old).

That’s my first question:where can i download 1.3.5 sp4?and any opinions from other developers about this my decision are welcome;-)

best regards,

Gabriel

Hello and welcome

As you can see from how I look, I’m the best person to do not ask any questions :wink:

And yes, you’re right - 1.3.5 SP4 is the best man can get. I’m now on 2.0.6 and I find templates bit messy. The old version is still better. You can download it from where 2.0.6 is. Just right below. Check in files section. Good luck :wink:

[quote name=‘Noman’]Hello and welcome

As you can see from how I look, I’m the best person to do not ask any questions :wink:

And yes, you’re right - 1.3.5 SP4 is the best man can get. I’m now on 2.0.6 and I find templates bit messy. The old version is still better. You can download it from where 2.0.6 is. Just right below. Check in files section. Good luck ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi Noman,

thanks for the info.Do you know any main difference about the install of both?I mean sp4 has any “extra” modules install needed?

Nooo man. It’s sipmle and painless as long as you have a good hosting company. Give it a try then read, how to tweak it.

[quote name=‘Noman’] how to tweak it.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean tweak it?go to the code and repair bugs?

[quote name=‘gabrieluk’]hi there,

I’m new to cs cart,and i found it because i’m a developer(beginner),and i was very unhappy with VIRTUEMART due to bugs etc…

So now here i am,I made my client buy a license and i will be building the site for him.

Since i’m dealing with a serious client(more than 900 products), i can’t afford to use a version of cart that is not totally stable(2.0.5 and 2.0.6).

I’ve been reading this forum for many hours,and i noticed developers talking about that the version 1.3.5 sp4 it is the MOST STABLE(altough old).

That’s my first question:where can i download 1.3.5 sp4?and any opinions from other developers about this my decision are welcome;-)

best regards,

Gabriel[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t waist time if I were you. Not maybe now but after few months you will realize you need something that 2.XX has and moving process from 135 to 2.XX is real pain.

New skin and so on… 135 and 2X are practically two different carts…

[quote name=‘Darius’]I wouldn’t waist time if I were you. Not maybe now but after few months you will realize you need something that 2.XX has and moving process from 135 to 2.XX is real pain.

New skin and so on… 135 and 2X are practically two different carts…[/QUOTE]

correction you are not developer.the point here is that i won’t maintain this site,the client will do by him self after,so he needs ALL BASIC functions working properly,hope you understand the situation

[quote name=‘gabrieluk’]what do you mean tweak it?go to the code and repair bugs?[/QUOTE]

What bugs are you speaking about? There might be some product configuration or some setup bugs but I experienced just a few of them.

One in statistics, one it tabs, in product import and export. But all are sorted. I do not know any major unsolved bugs that would stop me from using 2.06.

You haven’t even installed anything yet you speak of the bugs :smiley:

[quote name=‘Darius’]

You haven’t even installed anything yet you speak of the bugs :D[/QUOTE]

Trauma from virtuemart,hope good 10 years of teraphy sort me out!:slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Darius’]

One in statistics, one it tabs, in product import and export. But all are sorted. I do not know any major unsolved bugs that would stop me from using 2.06.

[/QUOTE]

Whould you be so kind to give me some links?:rolleyes:And i did an install already 3 test installs of cs cart 2.0.5,and i found already myself with some problems dealing with the blocks and i heard problems about importing csv ,so put all this together that i decided to open this thread…

More opinions from developers are welcome::slight_smile:

Personally, I prefer the 2.0.6 version, cleaner, neater and quicker!

I am taking over another store which is 1.3.4 and its actually not that nice to go back to.

Just my 5 and bit pence worth.

Paddy

[quote name=‘DIZZYMOTHER’]Personally, I prefer the 2.0.6 version, cleaner, neater and quicker!

I am taking over another store which is 1.3.4 and its actually not that nice to go back to.

Just my 5 and bit pence worth.

Paddy[/QUOTE]

it’s 2.0.6 superior than 2.0.5,talking about main fixes not new features?:D.I mean 2.0.6 reached the stabilitly wished from developers?

2.06 was primarily bug fixes and some new skins. I suspect 2.0.7 will also be primarily a bug fix release.

I find 2.0.6 to be a much better base to work from than 1.3.5-sp4. Sure there are a few bugs remaining but they are not show stoppers and are being addressed pretty quickly.

Bob

now is:

2.0.6 3x1 sp4

:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘DIZZYMOTHER’]

I am taking over another store which is 1.3.4

Paddy[/QUOTE]

We are talking about 1.3.5 sp4

thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,

[SIZE=“7”]THANK YOU!!![/SIZE]

:stuck_out_tongue: ___________________________________________________:stuck_out_tongue:

I just can say this,!Thank You CS CART developers,owners,co owners,co developers,users,admin…everyone!Cs cart is just the best CART SOLUTION i could find around after months…You guys deserve a gold medal for the developing of this project.I’ve been everywhere:from oscommerce,to magento,heading to virtuemart and so on…A real piece of art.Keep up the good job,as i’m wiling to pay happilly:D The version?ahhhh,a good webmaster knows the best for his clients;)