My CS-Cart Christmas Wishlist

Here is a small wishlist I hope CS-Cart will implement in the near future. And I’m hoping they deliver it with Santa!

• A complete XHTML/CSS default_blue template
  • Fully custom SEO urls for ALL pages in cart
  • Mass edit subcategories on multiple products at once to create custom categories such as “Under $10” etc.
  • Database prefix for multiple carts on one database, a simple $db_prefix variable would work!
  • A better checkout flow with total costs at cart level including shipping, less checkout pages (at tops 2)
  • A log with searches made in the search box on site
  • Have a page with a list of the latest added products

I have a lot of wishes but these are major ones which will take some time. But if implemented the cart would rock even more than it does, and seriously take on competition with other carts that are web2.0 ready!

What is your CS-Cart christmas wish?

Ill second that…

All those “wishes” are on my wish list also !

The most important 2 being the XHTML default blue

and Custom SEO urls

I intend on converting default blue myself but will take me a lot longer than it would the cs guys !

better checkout flow and search log would be good.

I have one…:slight_smile:

Related products:

When you add Product#1 to Product#2, you will have Product#1 shown as related item to Product#2.

Now…you must do same but in reverse…Product#2 to be related with Product#1.

( a lot of work if you have lots of related items)

What i would like to see ( this feature has store in .asp):

Once you decide to add related item…Example:

Product#1 related to Product#2, it will automaticly made Product#2 related to Product#1.

I hope you guys know what i mean :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘UrKo’]I have one…:slight_smile:

Related products:

When you add Product#1 to Product#2, you will have Product#1 shown as related item to Product#2.

Now…you must do same but in reverse…Product#2 to be related with Product#1.

( a lot of work if you have lots of related items)

What i would like to see ( this feature has store in .asp):

Once you decide to add related item…Example:

Product#1 related to Product#2, it will automaticly made Product#2 related to Product#1.

I hope you guys know what i mean :)[/quote]

Yep, I’ll second that one, makes sense really. Should be optional though and the same in reverse, eg if you un-relate items.

Simon

I think a random list of related products say… to show 3 or 4 related items

based on a Like Search in the database, and randomise it.

Fully automated, its a pain in the backside to go and cross promote items

as it stands…

Ive seen this mod in nasty old CubeCart and it worked pretty well, would have been ok if the cart was any good :smiley: but its not !

Yes that sounds good to me, perhaps there could be serveral options for these related products, allowing the best of all of these ideas.

Simon

To improve the customer experience and encourage more sales, I would like options to easily configure the homepage middle section. Another block similar to featured products could be added for latest products (configurable in admin to display products added , not edited in last X days) and another for Products coming soon.

I’d also like featured products to have a clickable box in admin so you can randomly display products from all/selected categories.

I’d like the currencies to be live exchange rates and a few more export and import csv options in the back end.

It’s a great product as is. I’m always looking to improve sales figures and cart features that will help me do that.

More good ideas. It would be a good marketing tool to have more flexibility over the homepage.

Simon