Mv+ Markup Price Solution Needed

Hi all,

Running on Multi Vendor Plus

I need to be able to create a markup for the marketplace:

- That adds up to create the sale price on top of the vendor product price (NOT that will be deducted from vendor payout)

- with % and $ value

- different for each product category:

- different for each customer group destination: B2B and B2C

- Not visible by any user (integrated within final sale price):

A vendor creates a product for $100

Marketplace owner adds up markup for 15% + $3

Customer (B2B or B2C) sees product price $118 (100+15+3)

Customer pays $118

Marketplace pays vendor $100

Paid custom dev work ok =)

Thanks for your help !

Hello,

This would be potentially a very risky add-on, because all the scripts in store (promotions, shipping methods, payment systems, commissions) use base product price. Therefore, making customer pay 118 USD for a product which base price is 100 USD can potentially lead to serious problems in store calculations.

It's safer to instead apply higher commissions to vendors. We have an add-on which allows you to tune vendor commissions separately for each product - take a look: https://cs-cart.pl/moduly/narzedzia/set-vendor-commissions-separately-for-each-product/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

This would be potentially a very risky add-on, because all the scripts in store (promotions, shipping methods, payment systems, commissions) use base product price. Therefore, making customer pay 118 USD for a product which base price is 100 USD can potentially lead to serious problems in store calculations.

It's safer to instead apply higher commissions to vendors. We have an add-on which allows you to tune vendor commissions separately for each product - take a look: https://cs-cart.pl/moduly/narzedzia/set-vendor-commissions-separately-for-each-product/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything.

Best regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert,

The markup solution is the only viable as I do not charge any commission from the vendor and no shipping charge from anyone.

That's why I need a solution where I can add up a markup that encompasses my margin and shipping cost.

It's just the old fashion way of doing business but on a multi vendor marketplace I guess ;)

Cheers

Hello

We also have such an addon. But I don't know if it will suit you.

https://cs-cart.pl/moduly/narzedzia/fixed-amount-payments-from-the-sale-of-products-for-the-vendor/?action=preview&sl=en

Best regards

Robert

Hello

We also have such an addon. But I don't know if it will suit you.

https://cs-cart.pl/moduly/narzedzia/fixed-amount-payments-from-the-sale-of-products-for-the-vendor/?action=preview&sl=en

Best regards

Robert

Robert,

That seems to be perfect for me if we can automatize the filling of "the amount paid to the vendor after the sale" with the product price created by the vendor.

Then the question is how do you go from 20 to 30 PLN in the example of your addon ?

There's a markup creation somewhere ...

Thanks again Robert,

Guillaume

Hello Guillaume

You can load these values by standard product import. This is a field in the products table. We can install this module in the test marketplace and check if it suits you.

Best regards

Robert

Hello,

You can test an add-on here: http://demo265.cs-cart.com.pl/adminmv.php

login: biuro@cs-cart.pl

password: admin

In product configuration in tab addons, you can define the markup administrator gets off product price.

Place some test orders and let me know if that's something that could fit you.

Best regards,

Robert

In product configuration in tab addons, you can define the markup administrator gets off product price.

Place some test orders and let me know if that's something that could fit you.

Best regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I have tested the addon on your demo but when I had 20 PLN in the tab addon of product configuration, it does not add anything to the price on the storefront.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Hello,

This because this add-on also uses commissions system, but allows you to set commissions separately for each product. So you can fine-tune how much money do you get from each product purchase.

If you need to use markup, we can develop the following add-on:

- You will be able to set a markup separately for each product, category, or vendor.

- When vendor adds product to the cart, the price of product with markup is calculated and put into the database.

- However, for vendors, standard "product price" field will be replaced with fake one, displaying price WITHOUT markup. So if vendor puts product price 100$, and markup is 15%, 115$ will be sent to database (and will appear in frontend), but vendor will see only 100$.

- Customer's order and checkout process goes as usual.

- Once order is completed, commission record in tab "Accounting" will be modified to show that vendor received only base product price, and admin received markup.

Would such solution work for you?

I'll have to say that this add-on will be also an expensive one, since we need to basically override the entire product commission system.

Best regards,

Robert