Multistore, official statement!

[quote name=‘studio-web’]Did you receive the pricing info yet?[/QUOTE]

After a few messages, I get the pricing info. The estimated pricing is 1800usd based on our needs.

// our needs, multiple store (hardcoded, 3 stores)

Store:

One database, whole catalog in multi language.

Basics:

Categories (ability to hide some of them by each storefront)

Language (ability to set a different language by each storefront or based on location)

Other:

Users (each storefront has his own users and customers)

Checkout (each storefront can be process orders separate)

//

The specific details must be discussed before they start with working on the project.

Our main goal is to start this mod October 15th. I think the development is during 4 to 6 weeks included bug testing and fixing.

It can be really interesting when we share this mod to cover the costs.

Please let me know if your interested in it. Maybe we can start a temporarily group to discuss the basics and the details and the general needs for each of us and then we can agree together to start this mod.

Also we can ask CS-Cart to help us for extra assist because I think they can use this mod for their own development (multiple store).

hands up. I am intrested

I would be interested to :smile:

I’m intrested!

What version of CS-Cart are you looking to having this done too? as we are currently running an old version.

Al

[quote name=‘Webmonkey’]I’m intrested!

What version of CS-Cart are you looking to having this done too? as we are currently running an old version.

Al[/QUOTE]

Our wish is that the multiple store functionality can be provided in a mod. In that case new upgrades has less effects. The mod must build in the newest version of CS-Cart. Hopefully it will suite you, it is a good advice to upgrade your current store to the latest version of CS-Cart.

Until now we have 5 members for this mod, which are interested:

VIDAN, RAVT, MGPSHOP, WEBMONKEY, DENNIS

Are there general and important wishes for this mod? Please suggest them so we can begin discuss. This Sunday I will review them and set it in a summary. Is it possible we start an online meeting with interested people this Sunday? Let me know if you are interested in it, please PM me with your Skype and I invite you in the Skype group.

//CS-Cart Multiple Store | Meeting (Skype)

Sunday September 19th, 16 PM (GMT +1).

Im interested.

[quote name=‘dennis’]Our wish is that the multiple store functionality can be provided in a mod. In that case new upgrades has less effects. The mod must build in the newest version of CS-Cart. Hopefully it will suite you, it is a good advice to upgrade your current store to the latest version of CS-Cart.

Are there general and important wishes for this mod? Please suggest them so we can begin discuss. This Sunday I will review them and set it in a summary. Is it possible we start an online meeting with interested people this Sunday? Let me know if you are interested in it, please PM me with your Skype and I invite you in the Skype group.

Sunday September 19th, 16 PM (GMT +1).[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘dennis’]Our wish is that the multiple store functionality can be provided in a mod. In that case new upgrades has less effects. The mod must build in the newest version of CS-Cart. Hopefully it will suite you, it is a good advice to upgrade your current store to the latest version of CS-Cart.

Sunday September 19th, 16 PM (GMT +1).[/QUOTE]

I am very interested as well.

Adam

Can I establish what you’re all looking for here - I’m looking for some kind of Multi-Vendor, Multi-Shop setup though so far support hasn’t given me too many details. I’m basically looking for something along the lines of Etsy.com, where multiple (I’m talking more than three, probably eventually hundreds, so I don’t personally want to be dealing with a finite number of shop licences) merchants can set up a basically customisable shop with their own product uploads, and their own administration of customers and sales (with me having a universal overview of all orders and merchants for global reports).

Though each merchant has a customisable logo and info area, everyone goes through the same shopping basket and checkout path, and everyone fulfils their own orders.

I THOUGHT that the multi-vendor package would offer some of this, but Sales don’t seem to be saying that’s the case - I’m not entirely sure they know what it’s for.

Am I in the wrong thread here, or are some of you looking for the same kind of thing I’m talking about?

Thanks for your time, and sorry if I end up wasting yours!

Mike

Also very interested in running multiple shops with one catalog in the backend.

Would be great for SEO purposes as well!

Hi

If this functionality which Magento provides can be incorporated into CS-cart then I am very interested in this

The only reservations I have is that we will be creating a add-on that is not an official cs cart add-on

I rather would wish that cs-cart create this as an offcial add-on and we can then buy it direct from cs-cart, tehy would also maintain this add-on to keep it compatible with future cs-cart version

I would hate to have it work today and then be broken tomorrow on an upgrade - see what I mean

If you can get cs-cart to have it as an official add-on then I am really interested!

For clarification when you say multi site you mean

domain1.com

domain2.com

domain3.com

etc etc

all can be designed differently but run off 1 master admin sday on domain1.com/masterAdmin.php?

All orders go to masterAdmin too and one payment gateway - just like Magento, right?

As I recall, there have been CS-Cart users in the past who were able to mod their cart for multi-store functionality. The problem they ran into was that CS-Cart’s terms and conditions required them to buy additional license for each domain the cart appeared on. There are some long forum threads on this topic. Now, with the release of Community Edition, I wonder if that license issue could be overcome by using CE for each cloned storefront…

Glen

This is the #1 request in uservoice, I would think that would be enough for CS to listen.

Time will tell.

Dear cs-cart

We request the follwoing add-ons, as you can see we are ready to buy these add-ons:

1. Mobile phone functionality
  2. Multi Site functionality like Magento

Thanks CS-cart

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]As I recall, there have been CS-Cart users in the past who were able to mod their cart for multi-store functionality. The problem they ran into was that CS-Cart’s terms and conditions required them to buy additional license for each domain the cart appeared on. There are some long forum threads on this topic. Now, with the release of Community Edition, I wonder if that license issue could be overcome by using CE for each cloned storefront…

Glen[/QUOTE]

We would just be running 3 shops, and I wouldn’t mind paying for 3 licenses. Would have to do that too if the shops didn’t have one catalog, so…

Please, participate in the discussion at Roadmap :: Multi-Store

Multi-Store requires a lot of complex changes to be introduced. That’s why, we decided to make Multi-Store a separate edition.