Multistore, official statement!

Hello,

This tread is opened to ask when multi-store is available for CS-Cart (multi domain shops to 1 database). I know before I open this thread, there are several posts about multi-store. But its so urgent for us know, I open this new post to make a real statement to CS-Cart!

At this moment we get the multivendor edition (alpha release). But that’s not a multi-store. All other serious shopping carts systems support multi-store now excepted CS-Cart.

I’m disappointed in the fact that CS-Cart has not released multi-store yet. Our business require multi-store for a long time now to be competitive to others. If we haven’t multi-store, we can’t expand our business more. I can’t believe and understand that CS-Cart staff only say “we’re working on it”. That’s to simple!

I know, we can quest a mod (around 2000 usd). In that case we must update this mod by our own hand and if the CS-Cart multi-store is available this mod is useless.

Are there more cs-cart members in the same situation? What is the best thing to do? Step over to another shopping system or wait? But until when?

Please let me clarify, until now we are always satisfied about CS-Cart, the team and services. But now we can’t develop our business to be competitive to others via the CS-Cart platform.

Please everyone, post in this thread if you also want to know the release date for multi-store!

Fix Shipping! Official Statement!

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/502983-shipping-add-support-for-multi-box-shipments-and-?ref=title[/url]

Can’t believe there are more votes about multi-store when there are issues with shipping orders. For those of you who don’t get it: As soon as a customer gives your their money, they want their order as fast as possible. CSC has issues doing just that. Fix that and then figure out the multi-store-we-gotta-match-other-carts bs.

[quote name=‘ChrisW’]Fix Shipping! Official Statement!

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/502983-shipping-add-support-for-multi-box-shipments-and-?ref=title[/url]

Can’t believe there are more votes about multi-store when there are issues with shipping orders. For those of you who don’t get it: As soon as a customer gives your their money, they want their order as fast as possible. CSC has issues doing just that. Fix that and then figure out the multi-store-we-gotta-match-other-carts bs.[/QUOTE]

Guess there are more people interested in multistore (like me) than have the problem with shipping (like i don’t have). Also there’s most probably a reason OTHER carts have the capability…because people want/need it.

Perhaps you should have started your own thread about your problem, rather than hijack this one and call what the original posters said BS when it is a valid question. When if ever will we get multistore capabilities?

I need this also even I would have to pay additional license for each additional domain

[quote name=‘mrfoameruk’]Guess there are more people interested in multistore (like me) than have the problem with shipping (like i don’t have). Also there’s most probably a reason OTHER carts have the capability…because people want/need it.

Perhaps you should have started your own thread about your problem, rather than hijack this one and call what the original posters said BS when it is a valid question. When if ever will we get multistore capabilities?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think CS-Cart shop holders cannot longer be competitive to other webshops which using multistore.

[QUOTE]All other serious shopping carts systems support multi-store now excepted CS-Cart. [/QUOTE]

You must be referring to like “both” of them… LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘Struck’]You must be referring to like “both” of them… LOL :p[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your update.

I hope my post is very clear this time. Try to find more people who agree! Wait with hands in hair…

[quote name=‘Struck’]You must be referring to like “both” of them… LOL :p[/QUOTE]

Whoa, there’s that many?

I’m happy with the new release of CS-Cart 2.1.0! But hopefully this post about multistore will not lose attention!

I suggest we are one step closer for running a multiple store via the new multivendor edition second alpha release ([URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=18117”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=18117[/URL]) Now each vendor must be connected to a different cs-cart store and we have a solution!

A few days ago I ask a CS-Cart employee to get the latest information about multistore. I was wondered about the information what was given to me in that conversation. She said to me, CS-Cart have no plans at this moment to develop a multistore editon or a new Mall project.

Is this bad news? Is there anyone with a successful custom development and multistore?

Yes, this is bad news. I have at least 4 customers that want this :frowning:

(not to mention myself)

If this really isn’t going to be implemented i might take action myself. :frowning:

I’d be very interested to know a prioritized list of functionality that people are looking for in the multi-store version. I keep hearing need for single database, but I’m guessing that the real need is for a single source of data distributed to the appropriate stores.

I.e to have one inventory that can generate catalogs for various stores using calculation methods for setting key fields like price, availability, min-quantity, etc.

My concern is that people specify their view of a solution rather than their real requirements. Requirements should be specified as functional needs. I.e. “I need the ability to…” without specifying how that should be achieved. It is then that you get creative solutions…

Example of this list of requirements might be:

1. Ability to set price specific to each storefront
  2. Ability to have separate images for each storefront
  3. Ability to distribute inventory quantity available to prioritized order of stores (I.e. I have 10 widgets and 3 stores - 5 to first store, 5 to second and zero to the 3rd) or optionally apply 10 to all and have some synchronization between them for inventory quantities.
  4. Ability to automatically update stores at a defined frequency

etc…

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]I’d be very interested to know a prioritized list of functionality that people are looking for in the multi-store version. I keep hearing need for single database, but I’m guessing that the real need is for a single source of data distributed to the appropriate stores.

I.e to have one inventory that can generate catalogs for various stores using calculation methods for setting key fields like price, availability, min-quantity, etc.

My concern is that people specify their view of a solution rather than their real requirements. Requirements should be specified as functional needs. I.e. “I need the ability to…” without specifying how that should be achieved. It is then that you get creative solutions…

Example of this list of requirements might be:

1. Ability to set price specific to each storefront
  2. Ability to have separate images for each storefront
  3. Ability to distribute inventory quantity available to prioritized order of stores (I.e. I have 10 widgets and 3 stores - 5 to first store, 5 to second and zero to the 3rd) or optionally apply 10 to all and have some synchronization between them for inventory quantities.
  4. Ability to automatically update stores at a defined frequency

etc…[/QUOTE]

Let’s say we deal with the multivendor edition features. By multivendor you can organize categories and product by each vendor.

But, I think the edition is not complete because it’s all in one domain. If you can connect each vendor to another different domain with his own storefront then you can multistore your products and inventory easily.

After this realisation you have a kind of multi-store. And can work it out near the future.

I do not understand why CS-Cart haven’t any plans to work out a kind of multi-store. Honestly I think if they don’t take action in a very short time they will loose customers an potential customers.

Are here people who didn’t buy the multivendor edition for the same reason?

I too am very interested in the Multistore, 1 database. I could use this today.

CS-Cart, please look into this.

Adam

Multi-store and Multi-vendor are two differing sets of requirements. We’ve discussed multi-vendor above at great lengths. I was curous about “requirements” for multi-store. I.e. what is it people are looking for, not how they want something done, but more along the lines of what results they want achieved.

Today, the EZms solution (http://www.ez-ms.com) can manage inventory for multiple stores from one place and distribute catalogs to multiple domains (storefronts). However, categories must (currently) have the same structure in all stores (to be changed at some point in the future), but you can automatically udpate your storefronts from a common source base daily and manage your incomining orders for both inventory and drop-ship items in one place and process fulfillment and payment in a consistent manner. Was just curious about real requirements (functionality, not implementation).

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Multi-store and Multi-vendor are two differing sets of requirements. We’ve discussed multi-vendor above at great lengths. I was curous about “requirements” for multi-store. I.e. what is it people are looking for, not how they want something done, but more along the lines of what results they want achieved.

Today, the EZms solution (http://www.ez-ms.com) can manage inventory for multiple stores from one place and distribute catalogs to multiple domains (storefronts). However, categories must (currently) have the same structure in all stores (to be changed at some point in the future), but you can automatically udpate your storefronts from a common source base daily and manage your incomining orders for both inventory and drop-ship items in one place and process fulfillment and payment in a consistent manner. Was just curious about real requirements (functionality, not implementation).[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your opinion and your solution. But I start this thread not for a discussion about the functionalities for Multiple store. In this thread I hope we can make a statement with many CS-Cart owners to get action around multiple store! When this project is started we can discuss the functionalities during the project. At this moment there is nothing around this HOT item!

CS-Cart store owners want to GROW!

I hope CS-Cart will respond in this thread soon with their opinion!

Hi All and CS-CART!

I am very intrested, we currently run 8 Cs-Cart shops, to combine would be heaven! :o)

Please update us CS-CART

Regards

Webmonkey

[quote name=‘Webmonkey’]Hi All and CS-CART!

I am very intrested, we currently run 8 Cs-Cart shops, to combine would be heaven! :o)

Please update us CS-CART

Regards

Webmonkey[/QUOTE]

We need multiple store so urgently now and we had requested a mod for a intermediate solution. If there some people also interested PM me, maybe we can share the (2.10) mod. It is in request, I will be informed about pricing and possibilities trough CS-Cart.

This may not say that i’m satisfied about these affairs. Hopefully CS-Cart bid an official solution soon! Please CS-Cart members, help us to bring this post always under attention! Multiple store is very important for growing your business! We must continue this statement! We cannot wait months longer without any information!

I would also like to see multi-store

[quote name=‘dennis’]We need multiple store so urgently now and we had requested a mod for a intermediate solution. If there some people also interested PM me, maybe we can share the (2.10) mod. It is in request, I will be informed about pricing and possibilities trough CS-Cart.

This may not say that i’m satisfied about these affairs. Hopefully CS-Cart bid an official solution soon! Please CS-Cart members, help us to bring this post always under attention! Multiple store is very important for growing your business! We must continue this statement! We cannot wait months longer without any information![/QUOTE]

Did you receive the pricing info yet?

i want one too, im ready to donated as for the mod.

count me in!

thanks