Multiple Product Codes For Single Items

Hi all

My client has the need to have product codes depending on what size a customer chooses for an item.

For example, they sell coffee. You can select ABC Coffee Beans. Once on the page, you can choose either 250g bag, 500g bag or 1KG bag.

My client requires that the invoice is listed with the product code of that particular product as it relates to the size… so a customer buys a 250g bag, the product code could be ABCCOF250, and for the others ABCCOF500 and ABCCOF1KG etc.

I don't think I can do this though?

Side note - easy way to remove the plus sign for the options? Seems silly to have it listed as a plus amount when choosing an amount for coffee.

[quote name='MurrinMedia' timestamp='1397113022' post='181442']

Hi all

My client has the need to have product codes depending on what size a customer chooses for an item.

For example, they sell coffee. You can select ABC Coffee Beans. Once on the page, you can choose either 250g bag, 500g bag or 1KG bag.

My client requires that the invoice is listed with the product code of that particular product as it relates to the size… so a customer buys a 250g bag, the product code could be ABCCOF250, and for the others ABCCOF500 and ABCCOF1KG etc.

I don't think I can do this though?

Side note - easy way to remove the plus sign for the options? Seems silly to have it listed as a plus amount when choosing an amount for coffee.

[/quote]

Hope the product option combinations feature will be suitable for you:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

There is an ability to define specific product code for each combination.