Multi-Vendor Shipping. Can Vendors Set Their Own Rates

In MV, can Vendors set their own shipping rates?

As owner/admin of the site (and not tech savvy), I have set-up shipping (and have included my rates as the system forces you to) - 1. Australia Post and 2. a courier company.

However, Vendors (both small and large) located across the country may have very different rates for the same logistics companies, some more expensive others cheaper. Can Vendors adjust the rates for themselves or must they comply with the rates I have set?

BTW,

Marketplaces like eBay, Amazon and Catch.com.au all have the same successful shipping system setup for vendors.

The marketplace owner (eBay, Amazon, etc) have the various logistic partners and their shipping related services available for the vendor/seller to select as shipping methods for their customers. The vendor selects the shipping methods and allocates their OWN shipping price. Every vendor/seller on the marketplace platforms sees the whole range of shipping services, selects what they prefer to use, and puts their own pricing. Simple and effective. From what I see MV doesn't do this. Vendors choose the allocated shipping companies and MUST use the price set by the marketplace owner.

Hey Sigmod,

Have you find any lights on this ?

I'd love to know !

Thank you

Hey Sigmod,

Have you find any lights on this ?

I'd love to know !

Thank you

Haven't any clarity with this issue whatsoever. For a simple question the forum seems very quite.

Perhaps it is a similar action as letting 'vendors settings their own variants' (variants: size, colours, height, weight etc)

which could be a case of going in the back end , and changing the admin template.

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/38204-allow-vendor-to-add-variant-in-product-features/page-2?

obviously it s just a guess , and This is not the line to enter ,and i dont know how to do it but its probably possible to do it , and probably someone will turn out with a solution , hopefully !