Moving 4.2.4 Over To New Domain - It Doesn't Work!

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Now I have hit a BIG issue. I decided the best way to do this with a live site, is build the shop at a spare domain on my same server space. I have 100 max domain folders on my server, and I talked to Media Temple and this should work as far as there end is concerned. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I can change folder names in Root so a domain can point to any folder I want very quickly. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I have done this with many website php or html sites, all worked out fine.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]However, doing this with CS 4.2.4 does not work. I deleted cash, reset config local and I can get into Admin but can't change anything. Also I can't get the home page up. There must be some more files buried in the CS code that are trying to find the original domain.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I am not happy, this has taken me 60 hours so far and I am still not at new template stage.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I can't do this live to the real domain and shop, as the shop can't be taken down for a week+. And the live site is 2.2.5 so I can't do an in-site upgrade either.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Any IDEAS anyone??? Kinda ready to sling myself off a cliff here… or give the client his fees back.[/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]BTW this is on a blank fresh install of CS-Cart 4.2.4 so no products or images. Just the basic software. [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I can see it working fine on the install domain, but the minute I try and point another domain to it it breaks. I can get into admin, but not change anything.[/font][/color]

Hi

Do you think it could be a “Permissions” issue?

Barry

[quote name='glassshop' timestamp='1426186210' post='207815']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Now I have hit a BIG issue. I decided the best way to do this with a live site, is build the shop at a spare domain on my same server space. I have 100 max domain folders on my server, and I talked to Media Temple and this should work as far as there end is concerned. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I can change folder names in Root so a domain can point to any folder I want very quickly. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I have done this with many website php or html sites, all worked out fine.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]However, doing this with CS 4.2.4 does not work. I deleted cash, reset config local and I can get into Admin but can't change anything. Also I can't get the home page up. There must be some more files buried in the CS code that are trying to find the original domain.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I am not happy, this has taken me 60 hours so far and I am still not at new template stage.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I can't do this live to the real domain and shop, as the shop can't be taken down for a week+. And the live site is 2.2.5 so I can't do an in-site upgrade either.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Any IDEAS anyone??? Kinda ready to sling myself off a cliff here… or give the client his fees back.[/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=#282828]BTW this is on a blank fresh install of CS-Cart 4.2.4 so no products or images. Just the basic software. [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I can see it working fine on the install domain, but the minute I try and point another domain to it it breaks. I can get into admin, but not change anything.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Hi there

you need to get to your mysql via phpmyadmin and find the table cscart_companies. Then change the url and secure url to your new domain or domain with folder. (complete path)

Try and let me know.

Fotis

Sounds like folder / file permission and owner issues… We just went thru the same thing… Also what fotis suggested…

Start from deleting the “var/cache” directory manually

Then check file and directory permissions

Thanks guys a lot.

I deleted all Var cash, and in the admin as well with 'storage - delta cash' I also went into the DB to change the 2 x store url (securer and none secure) in the table _companies.

After all that, still broken. I can get into admin but cannot save or write to the DB. The DB permissions are the same user and password, and the admin looks ok / normal. I can't get the home page up either.

The clean install before this was base software - no products. And it worked fine.

Really stuck here. Has anyone ever moved a site to another domain in 4X. CS2X works fine with that. `There MUST be something in the code or file structure that is messing up here???

HI glassshop

if you like I can help you

Email me at info [@] dvs [.] gr to discuss this and give you a sloution asap no charge.

Fotis

glassshop, if you can provide us with the temporary FTP access to your server, we can check the issue ASAP

I still haven't found the fix for this. Thanks from eComLabs, but the advice on the permissions was not the issue.

They are all A OK.

I have since moved a 2.2.5 as a test to another domain folder (renamed the folder) on the same server, and all works fine, in Admin and Store front. ~There is something extra going on in 4.2.4 that is remembering the move, or a bug. I am at a loss. I have asked CS team to look at it. It isn't the Var-Cash as I cleaned it out, or Admin - delete cash. I did the Config change and changed the store URL in the _companies table (x2 instances). I turned off SEO before I did the move.

Anyone here done this and got it to work ok? I really like CS-Cart but I need to build most of my shops as Dev then go live after all done. I can't do that in 4.2.4 anymore. I haven't tried downloading the store, then re-uploading to the new domain, it takes forever. I think the issue would still be there even if I did that.

I looked at most of the files in the 4.2.4 after the move, and no modified dates changed I can see. There must be something in the DB or buried somewhere??? Please anyone…

Our offer is still valid

Thanks you eComLabs. The problem is I would still need to re-upload the site files (3 days) and the site will go off-line for that period.

I have managed to upgrade from 2.2.5 to 4.2.4 no problem. It is the move aspect that is not working.

I am still hoping someone has a work around for this issue. I really need a way to do the dev work in a sub folder on the same folder, and then move it. 4.2.4 does allow that from what I have seen.

hi again

we always work that way and this is the way also CS-Cart proposes, Open a folder in the same domain where you older version is like /newstore and install everything then after you finish upgrading you then hide the old store in another folder like /oldstore and bring the new one out. Change config.local.php, the companies table in DB and clean cache. Thats it.

It should work without a problem. And the copy to and from a folder with FTP is very fast like 10 seconds.

Fotis

PS only thing to wath out for is the htaccess fil which sometimes it wont get zipped if you do a zip transfer. You then need to uploaded it manually via ftp

Hi Fotis

This is what I did, and after moving the 4.2.4 install of CS it broke in Admin as described above.

There is something else going on in the software that is creating this. Have you affected the move via FTP on the current version 4.2.4?

After the move, and after it broke, I moved it back to the original folder, and it was still broke.

I made debug active, and looked at the home page, and it came up with a CSS error. It looks like it can't find the file structure.b It is so odd. I checked all permissions relogged back in as the domain user, and all A OK at 777. Also admin is not saving any changes but 'looks' ok.

I will have to wait till CS team look at my install. If they can't see a fix, I will have no choice but to do the upgrade and rebuild live and will need the OK from the client to do that (and more budget). This job has ballooned. I had 20% budget to do the software updating, and to date it has used all the budget and still no fix…

Hi glassshop

yes its a bummer. Udating CS-Cart is always a rulete. Almost half the times I get wierd problems that actually take me off budget. But I have to say real honest. I never had this problem.

its very strange, if all folder permissions are ok and credentials in all places corrected. It should at least work when you bring that back in place.

I can only asume some kind of server issue.

Dont know if any other college has another idea. I am realy curious to know what this is.

Fotis