Move Ver 4 to new domain

Second newbie question, How many am I allowed?

I have found a couple of writeups on how to move cs cart from one domain (my setup/development location) to a new domain where the cart will live out it's life. However, everything I find seems to be written for moving Ver 3, I am installing Ver 4.

I have attempted a couple of test moves to see if I can do it, but keep running in to file missing or path problems which I can fix.

My old store is live at yahoo at this minute and is paying the rent, so down time is not an option. It could take as long as a month to set this thing up like I want it. and I don't want to waste a month and find out I can't move it to the new server.

Last attempt at moving the cs cart gave me this error and is where I am now.

Warning[color=#C09853]Installation integrity check failed.[/color]. [color=#C09853] Your store will switch to Free mode within 2 days. Please contact the [/color]support team

If I start out from with a new install it works great. I just can't build it one place and move it.

If this has been answered before, Please lead me to it. Searching this forum don't bring up any usable results.

Thanks for any help,

Nevermind, after about 5 installs and movement attempts, I found a way to get er done.

In case anyone wants to know how,

Just setup a new site on the new server and import the data base, copy over templates and images, Re-adjust settings alittle and it is working great.

Sarcastic: Wow! I have been just over whelmed with support.

I can't remember, But I think this is my 4th reply to my own messages.

Johnny, you are on a community forum, not a support forum funded by/managed by cs-cart. This is a user-community. “Support” should be done through the helpdesk. Bugs should be submitted to the Bug Tracker. Helpful advise and/or responses from other's who've gone before you can go here. It is expected that you will contribute to the community as well as take from it. So when you learn something, you should post it for others.

In your original Post, it tells you to contact the helpdesk. What was the response?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1382405281' post='170109']

Johnny, you are on a community forum, not a support forum funded by/managed by cs-cart. This is a user-community. “Support” should be done through the helpdesk. Bugs should be submitted to the Bug Tracker. Helpful advise and/or responses from other's who've gone before you can go here. It is expected that you will contribute to the community as well as take from it. So when you learn something, you should post it for others.

In your original Post, it tells you to contact the helpdesk. What was the response?

[/quote]

I'm being supportive, I did post above how to move the soft ware from a test domain to the live domain. I added value, so whats the deal?

Plus, I believe the domain in the address bar is cs-cart.com, which means it is their website. And I would be very happy to contact the help desk if there was a way to do that.

Do you have any knowledge of how to contact customer support?

Cs Cart is a very nice cart, BUT has ZERO support and it don't seem the community is of any help either.

Sad but true.

Now about that help desk log in? Phone number? Anything? Someone that takes money to fix the problem? Any help from anyone at all?

Not looking good is it?

I think you have to be a CS CART licensed owner to be able to use the helpdesk support. I see you are a trial user and that is what the forums are here for. This community is one of the best if not the best at helping everyone. Sometimes you just have to be patient

If your url is cs-cart.com then you are probably using (the yet to be releaseed) SaaS version of the cart.

You can contact the helpdesk at My account -.

[quote name=‘Johnny Joe’ timestamp=‘1382510646’ post=‘170185’]Do you have any knowledge of how to contact customer support?

Cs Cart is a very nice cart, BUT has ZERO support and it don’t seem the community is of any help either.

Sad but true.

Now about that help desk log in? Phone number? Anything? Someone that takes money to fix the problem? Any help from anyone at all?

[/quote]

[quote name='Johnny Joe' timestamp='1382510646' post='170185']

and it don't seem the community is of any help either.

Sad but true. Not looking good is it?

[/quote]

Not for you…No !