Move mini cart to right box

How can I move mini cart to the right column? Any suggestion please…

If it’s what I think you are referring to, Go to Admin->Design->Blocks

The block name is “Shopping Cart” … You can drag it to wherever you want it

It is the mini cart which appears just under the top menu & search boxes. I wish to move it to the right side just above the My Account section in order to make the site more effective. See demo [url]http://www.impactreact.co.uk/cscart/index.php[/url]

Any suggestion?

Is this what you want to acheive?

[quote name=‘utilityempire’]Is this what you want to acheive?[/quote]

250kb background?

Yip, it’s a little on the large size. Still tweaking the hole thing to be honest.

utilityempire, not a bad solution at all, however mini cart is still appearing on the top…! Any solution to display this in the right menu please?

[quote name=‘impactreact’]utilityempire, not a bad solution at all, however mini cart is still appearing on the top…! Any solution to display this in the right menu please?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I’m sure it probably can be as I have seen it on some stores. It was CS Cart the made these changes for me as I couldn’yt get things just spot on. You could drop them an email and ask. It only cost me 10 credits to get that done and a couple of other modifications.

Advanced Minicart v2

thanks utilityempire and Thom, i will go down that route now… thanks for your help

but i think it should be possible to add the mini cart with blocks

I have tried various things but have been unable to move this cart into the right column. Hope someone has already done it and willing to share views with us?

I would like to know how to move the cart status and checkout link to the right side, also. Any help would be appreciated as I am still green with CSS and PHP.

Thank you!

Regards,

Stephanie

*** WARNING ***

This aint pretty but as I stated in other posts, I am no coding expert so use my modifications at your own risk - better yet do like we do; test on a local server to your hearts content. If someone with skills in coding cares to clean this up, all the better for everyone else.

```php

/skins/TEMPLATE_NAME/customer/top.tpl

FIND AND REMOVE AT THE BOTTOM:

{if $controller != 'index' }
{include file="views/checkout/components/cart_status.tpl"}
{/if}

{if $localizations|sizeof > 1}

{include file="common_templates/select_object.tpl" style="graphic" link_tpl=$config.current_url|fn_link_attach:"lc=" items=$localizations selected_id=$smarty.const.CART_LOCALIZATION display_icons=false key_name="localization" text=$lang.localization}

{/if}

{if $languages|sizeof > 1}
{include file="common_templates/select_object.tpl" style="graphic" link_tpl=$config.current_url|fn_link_attach:"sl=" items=$languages selected_id=$smarty.const.CART_LANGUAGE display_icons=true key_name="name" language_var_name="sl"}

{/if}

{if $currencies|sizeof > 1}

{include file="common_templates/select_object.tpl" style="graphic" link_tpl=$config.current_url|fn_link_attach:"currency=" items=$currencies selected_id=$secondary_currency display_icons=false key_name="description"}

{/if}

``````php
/skins/TEMPLATE_NAME/customer/main.tpl

FIND:
{if $right|trim}

ADD BELOW:

Your Cart

{include file="views/checkout/components/cart_status.tpl"}

``````php
/skins/TEMPLATE_NAME/customer/style.css

FIND:
#cart_status .float-left {
background: url('images/top_tools_delim.gif') no-repeat 100% 2px;
padding: 0px 14px 0px 0px;
margin-right: 11px;
}
CHANGE TO:
#cart_status .float-left { }
Basically removing the code to display a vertical dotted line but leaving the style title for future reference.
``````php
/skins/TEMPLATE_NAME/customer/style.base.css

FIND
.checkout-link and remove "float:left;" and replace with "text-align: center;"
```*** CLEAR /var/cache & /var/compiled directories often.

mini_cart_right.jpg

done it … it works!!! thanks

Another option that works well is adding it to the “my account” block.

Add:

{include file=“views/checkout/components/cart_status.tpl”}

to the top of

blocks/my_account.tpl

and hack the CSS accordingly.

Thank you for putting your solution into the forum. It worked perfectly. Now I can “style it” to my tastes. :sunglasses:

[quote name=‘ThomH’]Advanced Minicart v2[/QUOTE]

Can’t see minicart as there is “End of the internet” :confused: :???: