Move Admin.php to directory

How do I move admin.php to a directory such as secure or something, please let me know.

Thanks.

Simply rename it and update config.php or config.local.php with the new name.

J

I did rename the file and give the location to new admin directory and its not working.

[quote name=‘tigerbabba’]How do I move admin.php to a directory such as secure or something, please let me know.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Keep bugging CS Cart to put this in a directory where it belongs, not in the root… it doesn’t belong in the root… it needs to be in a directory where it can be password protected from everyone

Is it possible to do this? I moved the admin file into a directory and tried to password protect it using .htaccess but apparently there was a conflict between that .htaccess and the one in the root directory that was installed as part of the cart.

Has anybody done this?

Hello,

A good idea from JesseLeeStringer is you can rename [COLOR=“Blue”]admin.php[/COLOR] with [COLOR=“Red”]mlkjipjerojgfpkd5@bnwqa.php[/COLOR] (for example) AND setup a very strong password:

[url]http://www.mytsoftware.com/dailyproject/PassGen/PassGen.html[/url]

Test it here:

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/protect/fraud/passwords/checker.aspx[/url]

Longer is better!

Lee Li Pop

Thanks for the tips guys… i just did this also… (renamed the admin.php)

I just wanted to note… you should also edit your robots.txt file to disallow indexing of the new admin file

[quote name=‘panaman’]Thanks for the tips guys… i just did this also… (renamed the admin.php)

I just wanted to note… you should also edit your robots.txt file to disallow indexing of the new admin file[/quote]

On the contrary;

Rouge hackers would be looking at robots.txt first to see where you don’t want people going.

No point renaming admin.php if you plan on publishing the admin URL.

I hate those damn rouge hackers - the way the mess with the pretty ladies makeup. :slight_smile:

Bob

If you are on a fixed IP address you could also modify your .htaccess file to only allow access to the admin file from your IP?

Hi Glyndon,

I do have a static IP but have newbieitis too; so which one of those .htaccess files do I edit, I assume it’s the one in the root. And could you give me an example of how to do this?

Many thanks.

[quote name=‘ywalker’]Hi Glyndon,

I do have a static IP but have newbieitis too; so which one of those .htaccess files do I edit, I assume it’s the one in the root. And could you give me an example of how to do this?

Many thanks.[/quote]

Leave the file where it is and secure the folder in the cPanel ( if you don’t ohave one, you must change the htaccsess file)

… here the new location of admin.php folder is not secured.

Go to the admin page: http://www.shop.webdesign-creative.com/admin.phpand have a look at the url.

1. Make a new folder in the root
  2. Copy the admin.php to the new folder (leave the original admin.php where ti is)
  3. Change the code in the config.local.php

from

// Names of index files for administrative and customer areas
$config['admin_index'] = 'admin.php';
$config['customer_index'] = 'index.php';

to

// Names of index files for administrative and customer areas
$config['admin_index'] = 'yournewfolder/admin.php';
$config['customer_index'] = 'index.php';

and in the new admin.php from

require './prepare.php';
require './init.php';