Modifying the Gift Registry

Hi there.

I’m wondering if someone could give me an overview of what needs to happen to add an “Add To Gift Registry” button on the product page. If the user is logged in and has an event, I would like to give them the ability to add to the registry as they’re browsing.

Any advice would be welcome.

This is an important feature for me as well. Let me know if you find anything. Also, have you seen any javascript errors when trying to add products from the front-end with IE8? -Mark

Mark, I have heard nothing thus far, but if I do, I will let you know. As for the IE8 error, no. We have not run into that issue.

Jim

Just wondering if anyone had any other information about adding an ‘add this product’ button to the gift registry - seems only common-sense, as the way it is now is very frustrating to the customer.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

I had CS-Cart build a highly modified version of the Gift Registry which lets customers add items from both the Category and Product views. If a customer has more than one registry, a Select menu is also displayed. Ask them for a quote - since they’ve already done the work it shouldn’t be too expensive.

Glen