Modifying Price and Shipping Inquiry to Allow Manual Input of Zip Code in CS-Cart Multi Vendor

Title: Modifying Price and Shipping Inquiry to Allow Manual Input of Zip Code in CS-Cart Multi Vendor

Hello,

I’m seeking assistance in making a modification to my online store based on CS-Cart Multi Vendor. Currently, I’m using the Google automatic geolocation API to calculate the price and shipping time of products based on the customer’s location. However, I would like to change this process to allow customers to manually input their zip code, similar to the functionality used by Amazon on their platform.

I’m curious to know if anyone has implemented a similar modification in CS-Cart Multi Vendor or has knowledge of how to implement this specific feature. My intention is to provide my customers with the option to manually input their zip code, enabling them to obtain more accurate and up-to-date results regarding price and shipping time for their orders.

It’s worth noting that in Brazil, it’s a common practice for customers to inquire about shipping rates and times by entering their zip code. I want to incorporate this functionality into my CS-Cart Multi Vendor store to enhance the overall shopping experience for my customers.

I appreciate any guidance, suggestions, or code that can assist me in this modification. I’m also open to sharing my experiences and learnings with the community once I’ve completed this task.

Thank you all for your support and attention!

It already exists.

The location will appear, about the same place as you show in the amazon picture.
The customer clicks on it.
Map opens
Customer enters post code, hits save … done!

Note:

• shipping amount will appear next to product in product screen based on the set location
  • you can insert a block before the location block to say “click to enter your post code”

Thank you for your response and the provided solution. However, what I am specifically seeking guidance on is the functionality aspect of replacing the automatic geolocation identification with manual entry of the zip code.

In other words, I want to modify the underlying functionality of my CS-Cart Multi Vendor store to allow customers to manually input their zip code instead of relying on automatic geolocation.

If you or anyone else in the community has experience or knowledge regarding the modification of this functionality in CS-Cart Multi Vendor, I would greatly appreciate any guidance, suggestions, or code snippets that can assist me in achieving this goal.

Thank you once again for your response.

If you do not find ready-to-use solution (e.g. check marketplace for such a module), feel free to contact our team to make this modification for you