MOD: Bundle products

of course you would own the Addon and have full rights to it, however you don’t have rights to re-sell it at the developers expense and make money, example, if you bought the Addon from me at say $100, but you turned around and sold it to 12 of your buddies at $50 crack you just stole $500…aka you can’t copy and sell software…

no that isnt stealing. Im sorry but it isnt. I have spent thousands in the last few years hiring private programmers to design scripts for sites I own because I couldnt find any script which did what I needed.

Full rights means full rights - it means that you pass full ownership of the script to the person buying it and it means they can do what they want with it. Its completely different from owning a licensed copy of a script which is what cs cart is and by the sounds of it that is what you are offering with this add on.

Heres my reasons for asking these questions. First of all, the reason I asked about selling it on is to recoup the money I would have to spend on this addon, Im not trying to make a quick buck or rip anyone off, quite the opposite, If I got the add on I would want other cs cart users here to use it because the way I see it we’re all on the same boat. Also, I dont know how you can claim anyone would be stealing by doing this when you are expecting someone to pay for an addon which is not only more expensive that the cs cart script itself but there is no demo, it’s untested and there is no evidence that the script actually does what I want it to do.

From your last comment I suspect that you would want to sell it to me for $225 but keep the script and then sell it on at a later date to other cs cart users - and thats what I would call stealing.

At the end of the day, I hope something can be worked out. And again, I am very confused as to why you dont just develop the script anyways and release it officially as an add on for $30 or something. All you need is 8 members buying this add on and you will have made more money that you would from selling it to just one person at $225. And I assure you, If the script does exactly what it claims to do then I will show other members here what it does and encourage them to get it as well.

If you want this script, you should contact CS directly. However, if you read your license agreement, according to how I understand it, if you pay them for custom dev, you get full use of the code, however you cannot resell it.

I believe if you did, you would be in violation of their agreement and could face issues from CS.

I would contact CS directly for all these discussions.

the license grant only covers the original cs cart. For the record, I dont want to go through the hassle of having to sell on a custom script just to recoup my funds but it just seems like a lot to spend more on the original script on an addon that clearly a lot of members here want. I dont understand why they wont develop it and release it as an add on - they would make a lot more money than selling it to the one person.

perhaps im missing something. Isnt Sno part of the cs team?

Sno is not part of the CS team, he volunteered to take charge of the CS Mod Club, which is just a bunch of us users. CS Develops all these mods and then Sno gives them out to those who donated.

I cant speak why they dont code this as an addon and resell it. Thats something that only CS can answer.

However, all of these mods are written by the CS Dev team (so i understand), which means you cannot resell these on your own.

ps. I would reread the CS license about who owns the code, its been discussed in several threads here.

apologies. I saw the title ‘CS ModeratorCS Dev Team’ and I assumed he was part of cs-cart. I thought that he represented cs-cart about this. I’ll contact cs about this in the next few days, hopefully something can get worked out

NO need to apologize. those are just forum titles. But none of us work for CS.

There are a few employees on here, lantan, zeke, admin, …and maybe one or two others. but not Sno or myself.

Hope I helped to clear it up.

[quote name=‘system0’]tit just seems like a lot to spend more on the original script on an addon that clearly a lot of members here want.[/QUOTE]

no one wants it or people would have donated…

you did :slight_smile:

ill let you know what cs says :slight_smile:

whatever, this addon never had anything to do with cs, I suspect they’ll tell you their too busy working on 1.3.5sp2 and don’t have time to work on something no one wants…

sno - we must have posted at the same time. My last response was in reply to ETInteractive’s comment, not yours

I almost vomited when i saw a competitor site with this similar Addon, that being the case, I can’t possibly tolerate that kind of behavior, no way tuff guys, I’ll put this Addon back on the fast track of development, however work won’t resume untill all donations are in and meet the required amount - Sno

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I almost vomited when i saw a competitor site with this similar Addon, that being the case, I can’t possibly tolerate that kind of behavior, no way tuff guys, I’ll put this Addon back on the fast track of development, however work won’t resume untill all donations are in and meet the required amount - Sno[/QUOTE]

hey sno

id love to get this developed. Can you tell me how far along you are with this? ie. how much has been collected, how much do you need and whats the average donation :slight_smile:

as expected no one has donated to this Addon yet…

What would be the estimated cost (total) for this?

$225, not bad if you ask me, however everyone who said they were going to donate still has not…

I am speaking to CS-Cart about getting something like this developed.

I did a design for cs-cart to explain what I want. It shows the admin area and the customer area for the same promotion. You can clearly see where the details are entered in the admin area.

There are two things I didnt cover in this example. Namely money off the total order and gift certificates. However, this info could be placed undearneath the description and above the products if needed ie. these discounts are not tied to specific products so should be placed nearer the top.

Ill keep you guys updated on this if you want :slight_smile:

well you can go ahead and by-pass the entire system if you choose too, however the screenshots you proposed above are extremely confusing to the admin and customer, in addition what you proposed above is a modification to an existing Addon, what we are developing is a complete new Addon…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]well you can go ahead and by-pass the entire system if you choose too, however the screenshots you proposed above are extremely confusing to the admin and customer, in addition what you proposed above is a modification to an existing Addon, what we are developing is a complete new Addon…[/QUOTE]

well thats what im looking for so maybe the addon you are looking for isnt for me. As for bypassing the system - if you are referring to the add on club then whatever, that wouldnt bother me. All im looking to do is get my shop the way I want it, I couldnt care less if you guys developed it, cs-cart or an external party like topprocoder.

im not sure what is confusing you. Basically, the data is already there, as i said in the thread i started in the other room, i just need the promotions to be presented much better. This change would pull the data which is already present and display it in a more easy to read form.

[quote name=‘system0’]All im looking to do is get my shop the way I want it…[/QUOTE]exactly…it’s all about you so you don’t care about raping our thread with some shiity mod…

[quote name=‘system0’]

im not sure what is confusing you.[/QUOTE]what’s confusing me is your posting your shiity mod in our post…