MOD: Bundle products

Sorry for the delay. This is a capture of the helpdesk communication area where i was talking with Vladimir (cs-cart team) about bundle products mod. It’s a large conversation so just capturing price… if you need more details i’m glad to show you here:

Anyways if most of you are feeling that i’m not reliable i understand. Just need this module so if anyone (a senior one here) can just make this collection for me would be very appreciated.

Question to be asked is if the quotation is still valid considering it is almost 6months old.

I think so because the last reply in the conversation is just 1 week old:

And will you be able to put…

2 * product1

plus

1 * product2

to make productpack3

Maybe even…

1 * product4 (GREEN)

3 * productpack3

to make productpack5!

What happens for example if you bundle 6 products together that all have options?

#1 the customer will have to choose options on all 6 products and will they be able to do it all on the same page? (if you bundle 3 tee shirts together you’ll have to pick the sizes/colors ect…)

if we don’t figure all these problems out FIRST we’ll get slammed like we did on tabs and end up paying $400+ more…lol

this mod was released, where to buy ? :wink:

I’m interested in this mod, is this mod implemented? what can I do to get it?

Thanks,

Pozzi

I’ve contacted gdiazl to see where we stand on this mod, we’ve had alot of inquiries to get this addon coded, that being the case $225 isn’t alot of money to raise, those interested can send donations to paypal@snorocket.com and we’ll get it coded for 1.3.5sp2+ asap…

Hi,

How is this different from the configuration mod already in cs-cart? I may be interested once I know what the difference is.

Thanks

The difference is here you have a form to choose two or more products to form a ‘pack’, then the user just see one product formed by two or more products… while the configuration mod the user have to choose products, here the user don’t choose anything. Do you understand?

[quote name=‘snorocket’]What happens for example if you bundle 6 products together that all have options?

#1 the customer will have to choose options on all 6 products and will they be able to do it all on the same page? (if you bundle 3 tee shirts together you’ll have to pick the sizes/colors ect…)

if we don’t figure all these problems out FIRST we’ll get slammed like we did on tabs and end up paying $400+ more…lol[/quote]

Of course you have to choose the options of those products…the customer won’t choose anything, you choose everything for the customer in the bundle product configuration.

in addition we’re going to have a sidebox that will list all the Bundle or Product Packs available, the sidebox will be able to be turned on/off through the admin panel

so that being the case we’re going to go ahead and move forward with collecting donations for this addon, however if we don’t reach the required amount we’ll issue refunds in the amount donated, donations can be sent to paypal@snorocket.com, put Bundle Packs or Products Packs in the notes field so I know which addon to allocate the donations too, thanks - sno

this mod is exactly what im looking for.

The money isnt exactly an issue for me however Im confused why cs dont want to release this as an official product. $25 is buttons on the grand scale of things but considering this add on has been promised for more than 7 months already I would be reluctant to hand over any money until the product is actually complete.

Why dont cs release it as an offical add on and sell it directly through cs cart users account. They would make way more than $225 by doing so.

Either that or they can do one better and just inegrate it into the script :wink:

sno - out of interest, how much money do you have so far? Have you had any indication of when it will be completed?

I’m getting ready to discontinue this Addon because everyone who said they were going to contribute has not, consider it no longer available…

do you know if the cs team made any work on this at all?

surely they would be interested in finishing the job if they had already made a start on it

yes we started development but without significant donations we ceased working on this Addon, if everyone who said they were going to donate did then it would have been finished, however if you’d like to pay the full $225 we’ll finish it for you, thx - Sno

I assume if I did I would own the script outright and would have full rights to resell the script as i see fit.

I would want a demo of the script before I paid the money though as some of the features which cs-cart promotes dont work as well in practice.

[quote name=‘system0’]I assume if I did I would own the script outright and would have full rights to resell the script as i see fit.[/QUOTE]

not interested, that would be stealing…

im referring to the add on. Why would I pay $225 for the addon if I didnt have full ownership of it, thats more than cs costs itself.