Mobile Theme (Iphone skin for Cs-Cart)

Well I’m kind of a newcomer to this whole fancy phone thing, so please excuse my ignorance.

I recently got a new Droid 2 and it works awesome with browsing the internet. So I’m wondering, what’s the point of the whole mobile skin thing? I can browse my store and make purchases just fine and I don’t have a mobile skin. Is this for certain phones or something? Does the iPhone suck that much?:stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’m missing something, but I’m just wondering why a mobile skin would be needed.

Thanks and again, sorry for my ignorance on this.

Brandon

Of course you can browse any website on your phone, as you can browse any website on an Iphone also.

The only problem is, a normal interface adapted to web browsers is kinda huge for a mobile screen. You have to use zoom in /zoom out every time. Also, unless you are using a wireless network, the traffic is considerable for a mobile when loading a full website. And ofcourse we added the swipes, which are not coded for a normal UI.

Taking this into consideration, we made a skin, that loads alot faster on a mobile, with a clean navigation. big text and big buttons so you can easily push with a finger without having to zoom.

And it does almost everything a cs-cart does.

You can think of it as a mini-cs cart.

Please feel free to test it from your phone, i`m sure you’ll find it alot easier than a normal template.

[URL=“http://www.cs-cart.seonid.com/demo”]http://www.cs-cart.seonid.com/demo[/URL]

or scan this

Thanks

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]When I go to your site Amit, the first page I see is the category links but it looks like they are double overlayed. And the “doubled” view on the top keeps flashing and moving around.

clicking through to categories seems to fix it but when i click the back button to get to home page it happens again but also mixes the previous page with it so it all jumbles together.

Clicking your logo to get to the homepage works ok but not the back button.

iphone 3 gs

john[/QUOTE]

Are you on 3g or wifi ?

I think the JS is not completly loading on your device.

We will test this anyway. Thank you

Mobile version

Now you can switch between mobile version and normal version from a footer link*

Just click on “Desktop Mode” to change it back to normal

I am an still 2G, will this support ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]I am an still 2G, will this support ?[/QUOTE]

Make a test.

Check our website using a mobile.

www.cs-cart.seonid.com

It takes too long for loading, may be a 2g problem.

Will this addon required any additional skin or it will also work with my modified skin.

Can users able to purchase directly from mobile ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]It takes too long for loading, may be a 2g problem.

Will this addon required any additional skin or it will also work with my modified skin.

Can users able to purchase directly from mobile ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, users can make a purchase directly from a mobile.

The mobile theme can be installed without our help on any standard cs-cart template.

If you have a modified template,we can install it for you and make sure everything works perfect.

I must say, still loving this mod and seen increase in sales over mobile devices too. Viwing it on analytics… Are you making any other versions of this skin?

[quote name=‘AmitP’]I must say, still loving this mod and seen increase in sales over mobile devices too. Viwing it on analytics… Are you making any other versions of this skin?[/QUOTE]

There will be an update, to add few new things, but I can’t specify a date at the moment.

Sounds good, thank you. No urgency, better to be stable release than rushed through.

[quote name=‘AmitP’]Sounds good, thank you. No urgency, better to be stable release than rushed through.[/QUOTE]

Phil, you know how we work :).

Here is a website we just launched : [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=121984#post121984[/url]

We do indeed :slight_smile:

Site looks stunning dude! really nicely done!

I am in.

I'm using an orignal Android with version 2.2.2 on it. would love test it out on my dev server.

Dave

Hey Seonid,

It looks beautiful. Couple of questions.

Will this work with 2.2.1? And future 2.2 versions without modification?

What's the installation procedure. Is it just an upload and enable an addon?

tks

Joe

ps.

senoid.com and www.senoid.com points to google docs.

Installed it yesterday, works perfectly, had 5 phone calls from customers placing orders, it will have paid for it's self by Monday.

Great addon and excellent support.

Bob

Just tested this skin on Windows Phone and it doesn't work correctly. Everything is ok until you try to tap into a specific product from the product list page. It looks like it's working, but it never takes you to the product details page.

And please don't tell me what I already know . . . that Windows Phone isn't a big enough following to matter. That's not the point. Several people in our company use Windows Phone and will expect it to work on their phones.

Is there a way to remove the "template powered by: SEONID.com?

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1310405053' post='116891']

Is there a way to remove the "template powered by: SEONID.com?

[/quote]

Best to ask him directly from his website.