Mixed cart free ship promotion

Hello

I need some help with a promotion. I have a cart promotion that gives free shipping to orders over $100 on products from a certain manufacturer. The problem is that if someone orders products from another category and the category discounted, then they are given free shipping across the board instead of only on the product from the specified category. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to get a promotion setup that will charge shipping on the products not in the specified category?

Thanks

chris

Have you tried the KB? [url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

thanks for the reply, yes I did check the knowledge base. the problem with the manual shipping methods is they are cost, weight, and item dependant and not feature/manufacturer dependant. But with the setting up the free ship on certain products by shipping properties under individual products is that I would be dealing with over 20,000 individual products and I was trying to avoid the time that would take.

thanks

chris

Doesn't the checkbox for Free Shipping in the Shipping Properties tab for each product give you what you want? Free Shipping on individual items?

If that works for you, you can quickly update 20,000 products by writing an update query that will update them all at once. Join the product_id's in the products table and the products_category table to update just the product's free_shipping from N to Y in the products table. (I always make a copy of the products table prior to running an update like this just in case I screw up.)