Missing some settings after upgrade

I finally took the plunge and upgraded my live store from 1.35sp4 to 2.0.12. Everything seems to work ok so far , I had few problems that I got around except in admin/settings/general in the catalog section I don’t see "Show products from subcategories of the selected category " like in the demo and labs. Mine shows Extended search by product features

I have looked and looked and I can’t seem to figure out how to fix this. Did I miss a setting somewhere or something went wrong in the upgrade.?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Joe

I got it fixed, some tables in the database were not updated for whatever reason.

[QUOTE]I got it fixed, some tables in the database were not updated for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

That’s awesome considering you had a whole lotta steps to get from 1.3.5 to 2.0.12! :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]That’s awesome considering you had a whole lotta steps to get from 1.3.5 to 2.0.12! ;)[/QUOTE]

Yea, I just hope nothing else was missed , so far everything seems to be working fine.I kept a full backup of my 1.35 install just in case I need to go back.

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]I got it fixed, some tables in the database were not updated for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

Hi, please share how did you fixed that? I have a same problem.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15738[/url]

I got it done by editing the “controllers/customer/categories.php”. Open the file and look for

[COLOR=“red”]if (Registry::get(‘settings.General.show_products_from_subcategories’) == ‘Y’) {

$params[‘subcats’] = ‘Y’;

}[/COLOR]

It is located at line no. 62 to 64. Commend out line no. 62 and 64. It shoudl looks like this:

/[COLOR=“Red”]/if (Registry::get(‘settings.General.show_products_from_subcategories’) == ‘Y’) {

//}[/COLOR]

My version is 2.0.15.

Hey Casey L, thanks for this mod. It finally works for me. It seems that the issue is resolved. This should be included in the official bug fixes road map.

[quote name=‘Casey L.’]I got it done by editing the “controllers/customer/categories.php”. Open the file and look for

[COLOR=“red”]if (Registry::get(‘settings.General.show_products_from_subcategories’) == ‘Y’) {

}[/COLOR]

It is located at line no. 62 to 64. Commend out line no. 62 and 64. It shoudl looks like this:

/[COLOR=“Red”]/if (Registry::get(‘settings.General.show_products_from_subcategories’) == ‘Y’) {

//}[/COLOR]

My version is 2.0.15.[/QUOTE]

great. The code is there but the database records is missing.

then, the trick is to modify/add missing tables in the database using jobosales’ method described in [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15738[/url] . after that, applying your mod will finally sort the things. that’s what I did. or, am I missing something?!

(1.35sp4 upgraded to 2.0.8, now on 2.0.15)

In 2.0.15, the option_id 7019 is assigned to the “Extended search by product features” (at least in my case). So if you over write it with “show_products_from_subcategories”, you may not have the “Extend search by product features”.

Check you setting to see whether the “Extend search by product features” is still there.

I did not alter the database, just hard coded it.