Missing "content" In "customer Notifications" In New Email Template Setup

Hi

Not sure how about you guys do it but since we selected the [Email templates mode] from the "Old - stored on file system" to the "New (nice and editable via admin panel)" the instructions the customer used to get from placing an order in our store but NOT YET paying for it is no longer present in the mail the customer gets.

The instructions were in the old setup present in the E-mail header field that you could find in an order status such as "Open + unpaid" , but also in several other order statuses we created ourselves for different payment methods such as bank transfer, off-line Paypal or even with Bitcoins.

See screenshot below

[attachment=15511:firefox_bDbO8G6yKe.png]

This piece of extra text is now missing in the notification that a customer gets when we as store (owners) admins change the status of an order.

This piece of vital information is lost in the new setup.
How do we retrieve this piece of info that would allow us to tweak or even rewrite these instructions for each order_status and inject that piece of information for each customer into the corresponding customer_notification?

firefox_bDbO8G6yKe.png

Found this , will it do what we want?

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/developer_guide/core/documents/email_notifications.html#adding-the-email-notification-template

We loved how easy it was to change texts according to circumstances, e.g. when we needed to warn people about delays due to COVID, or tell them there might be a delay due to absence or a heatwave etcetera.

Administion - Status - Order Statuses

Click on the gear icon to the right, Edit the email sent to Customers

Administion - Status - Order Statuses

Click on the gear icon to the right, Edit the email sent to Customers

I already went over that.

The old WYSIWYG interface is where we used to put those specific instructions and or other notifications. That is GONE now, there is NO WAY you can add these instructions into the mail that is sent to the customer.

Take for instance the order status "Open + unpaid (yet unpaid)" which a customer gets when he/she orders but has opted for a offline method of checkout, hence a bank wire transfer.

In the former old setup the customer would receive something like:

Thank you for the order. You are welcome to come back!

When you immediately complete your payment online by means of iDEAL, mrCash, SoFort, or Paypal there is nothing else left to do for you.

When you selected off-line payment with 'bank transfer', 'Tikkie', 'bitcoin' or 'off-line Paypal ' you will soon receive payment instructions from us where to transfer your money to.

Billink is only possible for inhabitants of Belgium and the Netherlands. After a credit check you will pay the invoice to Billink.

When you want to cancel the order, we would be pleased to receive a notification.

With kind regards,

Well this piece of info is in the old setup put in the WYSIWYG part that is E-mail header:

[attachment=15514:screenshot-dialog-window.png]

This piece of info should in my opinion be injected in this piece of code you refer to

[attachment=15515:screenshot-dialog-emailcode.png]

screenshot-dialog-window.png

screenshot-dialog-emailcode.png

Ah, so you want it to be done automatically when you change from old system to new system.

Ah, so you want it to be done automatically when you change from old system to new system.

What I want is to be able to add what is missing right now into the email that is being sent.

[attachment=15516:Screenshot 2022-07-19 083118.png]

[attachment=15517:Screenshot 2022-07-19 084821.png]

The email

[attachment=15519:email.png]

You need to put
in for new line.

Screenshot 2022-07-19 083118.png

Screenshot 2022-07-19 084821.png

email.png

You need to put
in for new line.

actually
is no longer recommended unless you need compatibility with XHTML, better to use just

modern browsers convert it to
anyways

HTML br tag (w3schools.com)

actually
is no longer recommended unless you need compatibility with XHTML, better to use just

modern browsers convert it to
anyways

HTML br tag (w3schools.com)

In response to the both of you, Is this how you both have implemented in your own practice ? I am under the impression that this would not work since our store is bi-lingual (Dutch and English) and the data snippets pulls data (snippets) from the database which I thought would defeat the whole thing. Why is there not then a WYSIWYG implemented like with the invoice document in the new setup?

Also, we created many different order statuses, each with their own texts in 2 languages, of which the most important ones are those that give instructions on the customer how to pay off-line (bank transfer mostly but also planning to use bitcoins)

By the way the solution does not work again in a bi-lingual setup. There MUST be another way to accomplish this.

Here's Yvana , sharing the solution .. even a newbie like me could do it, provided I'd follow the instructions .

Thanks to a response from Andrew Mironov at CS-Cart.com we were able to do what we wanted.
The method is entirely different but the result is the same.

Solution for this newer version

Go to administration ----> text and languages ---> edit texts

Then you create new variables , one for each order status.
Because the alphabetical order isn't the same as the order in which we have put each status, I included a number ,e.g.
status_01_open_unpaid

All of the texts you want to use (including the HTML-codes) go in for each language you use (Dutch/English in our case).

Then you go to administration -- notifications -- customer notifications and down below is see full list of email templates

In that list , you click once more on the status you want and in between the status description and the order summary , we pasted the following {{ __("status_01_open_unpaid") }}

And then it's rinse and repeat for each different status with "status_02_xxx" for next one etc.

{{ __("change_order_status_default_text", {"[status]": order_status.description}) }}

{{ __("status_01_open_unpaid") }}

{{ include_doc("order.summary", order_info.order_id) }}