Minimum Quantity / If not, then $15 surcharge

I know how to set up a minimum order quantity per product, but what I need is to have a min qty, BUT if that is not met, then a $15 surcharge will be added to the total.

Thanks,

damitall

------------------------------------------------------

3 x CS-CART Version 2.1.2

how about using the product qty discounts add on .

i.e. buy 1-5 price = $25,

buy 6+ price =$10

John

Or you could use a promotion where “if quanntity is less than 5 apply -$xxx”. A negative discount adds to product price.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Or you could use a promotion where “if quanntity is less than 5 apply -$xxx”. A negative discount adds to product price.[/QUOTE]

I just tried this and it didn’t work for me. :confused: The promotion was applied but no ‘discount’ was shown. My fee is only 30 cents so maybe it doesn’t work because it’s less than $1?

I need to charge a processing fee for orders under $5. The way I’ve done it is to add a payment surcharge for everyone and then do a promotion that adds a discount to waive the surcharge if the order is over $5. This is confusing, however, because the fee isn’t added until the last step. For those that order more than $5, the discount is applied and it shows a discount that they don’t actually end up getting at the end.

Hmm… I think this used to work (negative discount == surcharge). But could be it’s changed. I would think your point about being < $1 should not apply.

I’ll have to experiment with it more later when my store is not busy.

[quote name=‘ogia’]I’ll have to experiment with it more later when my store is not busy.[/QUOTE]

On second thought, neither way works the way I need it to so I’m not going to waste any more time on it. Not only that, the payment surcharge gets added to PayPal customers more than once sometimes if they go back and forth from the cart to PayPal.

You should make an order surcharge addon dependent upon quantity or total. :wink: