Minimum order quantity and order step for an option

Hi Everyone,

I have one product that has two different thickness: 10m and 20cm.

For these two thicknesses I have created two options 10cm und 20cm.

The problem is that there are 6 pieces of option 10cm in one package whereas only 3 Pieces of option 20cm in one package. The assumption is here that I can sell full packages only. If I set the minimum quantity and order step for the product in general it does not work properly with my options.

When the client chooses option 10cm they should be able to a buy 6, 12, 18, 24 etc. pieces

When the client chooses option 20cm they should be able to a buy 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 etc. pieces

Therefore I need to set minimum order quantity and order step for each option separately.

It means many minimum order quantities and many order steps for one single product.

Any ideas ?

Nobody knows how to achieve that or nobody understands what do I exactly mean? Please let me know.

Use 2 products, 1 for 20cm and 10cm

OR

Use option combinations with modifiers so you will have 1 base price for say 10cm pack of 3 then by adding price modifiers on the option combinations you would add extra cost in the modifier section when they choose pack of 6,12,etc etc.

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

John

Hi John,

Thanx for your help.

1. Is this a good manner to create separate products rather than options with variants? It seems to be better for managing inventory, prices and othe products variables because you don't have to digg that deep in backend to change anything. On the other hand when I need to change something in description it will be a pain in the neck to change it for every product (besides importing).

BTW - do I have to go into Products > Products > Product > option > option combinations in order to change for instance the quantity in stock?

2. I read everything under the given link but I cannot actually follow your second advise with product combination. I made combination but there are no modifiers like minimum quantity or order step there. There are product code, position, image and alternative text only. What do you exactly mean by “modifiers on the option combinations”?

Could you explain this more deeply, please?

3. I remember I visited ones a shop where the cart automatically rounded the quantity of option. If the client put for example 2 pieses the cart responded with the info that the quantity had been automatically rounded to 3 pieses. By other option it was automatically updated to 6 pieces.

Chriss

[quote name='chris102' timestamp='1316734457' post='122147']

Hi John,

Thanx for your help.

1. Is this a good manner to create separate products rather than options with variants? It seems to be better for managing inventory, prices and othe products variables because you don't have to digg that deep in backend to change anything. On the other hand when I need to change something in description it will be a pain in the neck to change it for every product (besides importing).

BTW - do I have to go into Products > Products > Product > option > option combinations in order to change for instance the quantity in stock?

2. I read everything under the given link but I cannot actually follow your second advise with product combination. I made combination but there are no modifiers like minimum quantity or order step there. There are product code, position, image and alternative text only. What do you exactly mean by “modifiers on the option combinations”?

Could you explain this more deeply, please?

3. I remember I visited ones a shop where the cart automatically rounded the quantity of option. If the client put for example 2 pieses the cart responded with the info that the quantity had been automatically rounded to 3 pieses. By other option it was automatically updated to 6 pieces.

Chriss

[/quote]

Yes sorry the option combinations work a little differently for stock and is not easy if you have many products. I am just about to leave UK to Travel to USA for a month but will have a quick look wnhen I get settled and see if I can help further.

John

Hi John,

Did You allready get settled? Do you still remember about me and my issue :rolleyes: ?

BTW. Do you know how to set decimal quantity?

Thanx in advance !

Chriss

Whichever way you do it the inventory is going to be a bit of work as you have to go into option level to change the qty for stock coming in.

1st say you decide 2 have 2 completely seperate products, 10cm and 20cm.

the 10 cm thickness you would create an option for selection of pack , 6,12,18,24…easy right.

Then you have to tell the site how many you have by going into the option and choosing option combinations. In there you add how many of each size you have in stock.

Back on the product details page in admin you must have “track with options” checked for the option combination link to show.

if you didnt want to create 2 seperate products but have them both on 1 page you would then create 2 options, 1 for thickness (10cm and 20cm) and one for pack size, in this option you would put all your sizes 3,6,9,12,15,18,24.

Then you would tell the cart to not show 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 if 10cm was seleceted and also not to show 6,12,18,24 if 20cm is selected.

You do this by going into Forbidden combinations, select 10cm, and 3, the select 10cm & 6, etc etc .

in the storefornt now…when 10cm is seleceted the pack size option will only show the options avaialble for 10cm.

PRICING>>>

in the option window where you created 3,6,9,12,15 etc etc you will add in the box next to the size the extra cost you want to charge for anything more than 10cm pack 3 base price. The cart will then add this to the total in the front end.

If you have 1000,s of products you may wanna get started soon :)

Option combinations are importable so if I was you I would try 1 then export the combinations of that 1 product and see how the are set up, then if its easy enough you could bring em all in by import but not modifiers or stock qty.

Sorry it was a bit long winded but thats it as I see it.

John