Might A Bilingual Webstore Setup Hurt Ttfb And Pagespeed Overall?

Not hypothetical but could it hurt your (our) ttfb and page load overall.

Every additional language makes duplicates of objects in the database, this creates additional loading on the database, so, yes, on the big count of products you can have delays. Partially this can be fixed by database tune.

Every additional language makes duplicates of objects in the database, this creates additional loading on the database, so, yes, on the big count of products you can have delays. Partially this can be fixed by database tune.

That is interesting. In our pre CS Cart days we would run two physical installs on two domains, one for the native Dutch speaking audience and the other for international sales to the non Dutch speaking customers we had.

Separate databases, Coldfusion (Adobe formerly Macromedia) on a Windows 2008 R2 Server.

Now since 2015 we are running CS Cart but I still notice that we lack performance. Google Page Speed etc. not what I believe it could be.

Now since 2015 we are running CS Cart but I still notice that we lack performance. Google Page Speed etc. not what I believe it could be.

Your website is indeed slow, especially the home page. Your ttfb is way too high... this looks like a badly tuned and/or just too slow a server. How many products do you have?

Your website is indeed slow, especially the home page. Your ttfb is way too high... this looks like a badly tuned and/or just too slow a server. How many products do you have?

Well I do run Nginx but with Cpanel on a Centos 7 platform.

How many products ? Well between 500 - 600 items.

Ok so that's not it. Do you have a good host and enough resources? A good tuning and setup makes all the difference..... we have 5 languages and 2 storefronts and >2000 products and it runs much faster :)

In case you still need assistance in improving performance of your store, you can contact us via Help Desk, so that we can try to examine your installation in details and give you some recommendations.

This is absolutely minimal though. All queries run through indices and don't cause any tables scans so I highly doubt that this would be an issue. After all, there are absolutely humongous companies who use MySQL and still achieve sub millisecond queries with proper sharding / indexing.

Hi

Every additional language makes duplicates of objects in the database, this creates additional loading on the database, so, yes, on the big count of products you can have delays. Partially this can be fixed by database tune

Ok so that's not it. Do you have a good host and enough resources? A good tuning and setup makes all the difference..... we have 5 languages and 2 storefronts and >2000 products and it runs much faste