Memberships?

Am I the only one that can’t find the memberships functionality?

UPDATE: ok forget it, memberships has been renamed usergroups

There is a new tab in Users for “User groups”. I wonder if they will extend this to allow a single user to belong to multiple groups (e.g., Gold and Interest1).

Bob

Where does a customer sign up for a user group? I see nowhere to request membership even when “Allow customer to signup for user group”. What am I missing?

Bob

Okay…I figured this out. There is a user group tab in the customer’s profile details where they can subscribe to a user group. It looks like any user group marked active is displayed to the customer. The admin can then approve subscriptions at the “user group requests” link in Users->User groups. The customer can review membership and unsubscribe at the User groups tab in profile details.

One thing which seems wrong is that is a user group is marked ‘Hidden’ , it is not displayed in the profile details even if the Admin marks that user group as active for that customer. It seem to me that the customer should see and unsubscribe all the user groups for which he has been approved.

Bob

From now on ‘Memberships’ are called ‘User groups’ and are located here [url]http://labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=usergroups.manage[/url]

The third status has been added to the first two statuses - the ‘Hidden’ status (usergroups that are invisible for a user).

The third tab - the ‘User groups’ tab - is now located on the user profile update page in the admin area. The admin is able to set several groups for customers in it (earlier the admin could set only one group). There is the same tab in the user profile in the customer area, in this tab users can unsubscribe to a group or send queries about group activation.

Queries about group activation form all users can be seen on the [url]http://labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=usergroups.requests[/url] page.

Now several usergroups can be set for entities. New entities (pages and products) have been added to the entities for which usergroups could be set (categories, payments, shippings, attachments).

[QUOTE]From now on ‘Memberships’ are called ‘User groups’ and are located here [url]http://labs.cs-cart.com/admin.php?di...rgroups.manage[/url]

The third status has been added to the first two statuses - the ‘Hidden’ status (usergroups that are invisible for a user).[/QUOTE]

lexa-

That was my point: Even a hidden user group should be displayed in the ‘User groups’ tab in the customer profile so that the customer can unsubscribe if he chooses. Note that a hidden group should only be displayed if the user group is already active for that customer.

Bob

I have a couple of user groups set up and active. In Admin > Settings, I have “Allow customer to signup for user group” checked. On the customer facing store, where would they be allowed to join one of my groups?

[quote name=‘grayloon’]I have a couple of user groups set up and active. In Admin > Settings, I have “Allow customer to signup for user group” checked. On the customer facing store, where would they be allowed to join one of my groups?[/QUOTE]

Has this question been answered?

Where does a user sign up for a group???

[quote name='guyrotberg' timestamp='1303612042' post='110807']

Has this question been answered?

Where does a user sign up for a group???

[/quote]

Just in case you have not found your answer yet:

Any non-admin user can edit their groups on the profile page under the user groups tab. You have to be logged in as a regular user to see it.