Meet The New Vendor Panel!

The addon for restrict menu and product fields(Vendor panel configurator) is very successful, however;
The UI/UX is so bad, they just moved the top menu to the left and a little style(css) change is all.
Dahboard still same. sucks !
The detail pages are very bad. (no simplifications made)
I thought they were going to do something really nice. Cs-cart can no longer go beyond disappointment for me.
Cs-cart is fooling us again. Changing css does not change UI/UX unfortunately!
[attachment=15089:new_vendor_panel.jpeg]
[attachment=15090:new_order_detail.jpeg]
Administration panel (cs-cart.com)
If you can't do anything, get a ready-made theme and integrate it!
Bootstrap Ecommerce Admin Panel Template | BootstrapDash

new_vendor_panel.jpeg

new_order_detail.jpeg

what really shocked me is new cs-cart pricing :D

lol they will sold this css changes to us with huge prices

Pretty sure they are not. The new ultimate license prices are changing, which was pretty long due in my opinion as its just a one time purchase for larger companies. And seeing what you get, its a no brainer.

I actually like it and I think this is a first step in changing the vendor more will come over time. Given their track record you don't want them to make too many changes at the same time.

If you look at any marketplace from Shopify/wocommerce/Etsy/Aliexpress they all have vertical column menu, it is almost an industry standard now, this change was long overdue!!

I think the new panel is 10 times better than the previous one!!! its a step in the right direction.

Finally!

Hi!

First of all, I'm glad that you've already seen the new design of the vendor panel. We finished integrating it last Friday, and it appeared on the development demos at the weekend. We planned to make the announcement this week or next week, and cover all the changes we've made so far (it's more than just the side menu and CSS).

But before we go into that, there is one point I must bring up. The tone of your posts, and some specific parts, like:

Dahboard still same. sucks !
Cs-cart is fooling us again. Changing css does not change UI/UX unfortunately!

are inappropriate for these forums. We had to amend some of your previous posts with valuable feedback because of that, so that the feedback would remain, but the post would be in line with the forum rules. It is not something we can do all the time, so we ask you to avoid this sort of thing in the future. Otherwise we might have to restrict your access to the forums. Please consider this an official moderator warning.

Here is what there's to know about the vendor panel:

1. The new vendor panel is a part of an add-on called "Vendor panel configurator" that is to be included in 4.14.1. It means that you decide when to move to the new vendor panel by activating the add-on. We know that some marketplaces have tutorials for their vendors, and it would take some time to adjust them.

2. The most obvious change is a fresh look. The goal here was to make something familiar to contemporary users (hence the sidebar menu), while preserving as much compatibility with existing third-party add-ons as possible (hence the CSS changes). Developers won't have to do much to adapt their add-ons to the new vendor panel in 4.14.1.

3. The sidebar menu also has a much simpler structure than that of the admin panel. It was designed with newer, less tech-savvy vendors in mind. All the sections that didn't allow vendors to do anything were hidden. Note for developers: this is achieved through a separate menu schema, much like the admin panel's.

4. Simpler product editing page. The "Vendor panel configurator" add-on allows you to hide most of the tabs and properties on the product editing page for vendors. You decide how the page will look and what settings it will have.

5. Branding opportunities. The "Vendor panel configurator" also allows you to set the colors of the vendor panel and upload an image as a background for the sidebar menu.

P.S. All these things appeared over time, just as we developed there. For example, last week we implemented branding, styles, and sidebar. Before that, the vendor panel on the demo had the old looks, but simpler menu and the ability to simplify product page.

We are still planning to make an official announcement and gather feedback there. So everything you see at the dev demos is subject to change. But I've attached screenshots of what the "Vendor panel configurator" can do so far.

vendor-panel-configurator.png

simple-vendor-panel.png

Thank you boss, please remake dashboard, and make order detail more than simplier

Hi!

First of all, I'm glad that you've already seen the new design of the vendor panel. We finished integrating it last Friday, and it appeared on the development demos at the weekend. We planned to make the announcement this week or next week, and cover all the changes we've made so far (it's more than just the side menu and CSS).

But before we go into that, there is one point I must bring up. The tone of your posts, and some specific parts, like:

are inappropriate for these forums. We had to amend some of your previous posts with valuable feedback because of that, so that the feedback would remain, but the post would be in line with the forum rules. It is not something we can do all the time, so we ask you to avoid this sort of thing in the future. Otherwise we might have to restrict your access to the forums. Please consider this an official moderator warning.

1. The new vendor panel is a part of an add-on called "Vendor panel configurator" that is to be included in 4.14.1. It means that you decide when to move to the new vendor panel by activating the add-on. We know that some marketplaces have tutorials for their vendors, and it would take some time to adjust them.

2. The most obvious change is a fresh look. The goal here was to make something familiar to contemporary users (hence the sidebar menu), while preserving as much compatibility with existing third-party add-ons as possible (hence the CSS changes). Developers won't have to do much to adapt their add-ons to the new vendor panel in 4.14.1.

3. The sidebar menu also has a much simpler structure than that of the admin panel. It was designed with newer, less tech-savvy vendors in mind. All the sections that didn't allow vendors to do anything were hidden. Note for developers: this is achieved through a separate menu schema, much like the admin panel's.

4. Simpler product editing page. The "Vendor panel configurator" add-on allows you to hide most of the tabs and properties on the product editing page for vendors. You decide how the page will look and what settings it will have.

5. Branding opportunities. The "Vendor panel configurator" also allows you to set the colors of the vendor panel and upload an image as a background for the sidebar menu.

P.S. All these things appeared over time, just as we developed there. For example, last week we implemented branding, styles, and sidebar. Before that, the vendor panel on the demo had the old looks, but simpler menu and the ability to simplify product page.

We are still planning to make an official announcement and gather feedback there. So everything you see at the dev demos is subject to change. But I've attached screenshots of what the "Vendor panel configurator" can do so far.

@ikoshkin I have been providing feedback on all the changes you described for a few years now, I am very glad to see the changes, so far it looks like you guys have done a fantastic job!! congrats !!

Now one thing you have to put on your list is "vendor onboarding" process where vendor is asked to fill in questions and at the end store is setup, Etsy has the best vendor onboarding.

Hi!

Well front end also lacks fresh look for maybe decades now :D

also please add dahboard badges selectable ! no one vendor cares about categories, pages count vb.

and its really important, vendor have to select leaf category when adding product or editing product.

only leaf categories must be listed and allowed for selection.

Looks good! When can we expect this?

Looks good! When can we expect this?

We are planning to release it in version 4.14.1.

You can test the new vendor panel in the dev demo (make sure that the Vendor panel configurator add-on is enabled).

We'll set up a single channel for feedback soon.

I really like it. can't wait to implement it to my own site.

As promised, here's a way to [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfFAsxgC8w42NT_LrUoQYg92s8vW8__McbzXcX6GKUpaAATVw/viewform?usp=sf_link]learn about the new vendor panel, try it, and give your feedback[/url]. I'll lock this topic to keep all feedback in one place — it will help us when we look into future improvements of the vendor panel. We still have at least a month or two before the release of 4.14.1, so some things about the vendor panel might change before the release (depending on what the majority requests, and how complex the changes are).