Meet Cs-Cart Free

Hello,
We've released a new product — CS-Cart Free. It is a free, fully functional CMS with minimum restrictions compared to the paid version. With CS-Cart Free, you can easily launch a modern online store.
There are no "ifs and buts", no restrictions on time, size, and the number of stores. You can use third-party add-ons and themes, and even receive upgrades, just like in the paid version.
Developers can benefit from higher profit margin on some of their projects, because there's no need to buy a license. Potential audience for add-ons and themes will also grow. By choosing CS-Cart, you'll be working with a platform that suits all — from the simplest and smallest of online stores, to the largest marketplaces. You'll be able to pick the best-fitting free or paid CS-Cart product for your project.

Congratulations ! This was needed for the Cs-Cart ecosystem.

I am sure you did many studies to determine this is a good move for the company. I have no opinion either way on it, as long as it makes CS-Cart healthier.

Please, however, put a system in place for support to prioritize paid licensed users over free. I don't want to have to wait additional time on help and responses, because there are so many additional users over burdening the staff now that didn't pay for anything versus my years of licenses and renewals, make sense?

I am sure you did many studies to determine this is a good move for the company. I have no opinion either way on it, as long as it makes CS-Cart healthier.

Please, however, put a system in place for support to prioritize paid licensed users over free. I don't want to have to wait additional time on help and responses, because there are so many additional users over burdening the staff now that didn't pay for anything versus my years of licenses and renewals, make sense?

Good point

So this replaces standard licences even ultimate (non multivendor)?

It only allows one storefront is that right so you then have to go multivendor?

You say " no restrictions on time, size, and the number of stores".

But then on your site it says "Unlike the paid version, CS-Cart Free doesn’t have some features for larger stores. That includes privileges and user groups for administrators, multiple storefront"

Confused?

Hi!

But then on your site it says "Unlike the paid version, CS-Cart Free doesn’t have some features for larger stores. That includes privileges and user groups for administrators, multiple storefront"

Confused?

No, it isn't replacing the standard licenses. It is the new additional type of CS-Cart. It hast its own restrictions but free on the other hand.

Also, there is no free version of Multi-Vendor, only of CS-Cart.

I hope the explains the situation.

Confused?

It is just like the old free cs cart version.

Number of stores means you can set up more than one website, not more than one storefront.

sure some features would be unavailable but I think its great they have released it and should entice more users..

I think that with a free cart you have no rights so you can't rely on the software and support...

Best to use a free cart to test then buy CS Cart.

Hi, this is just a suggestion. I havent tried CS-cart free, but it would suggest to make CS-cart free as a part of Laravel framework of Cs-cart 5 which other people use and test to help fix bug and improve for CS-cart 5, so CS-cart 5 will progress and improve faster, im waiting to purchase this CS-cart 5 and hopefully, it doesnt take too long

Hi, this is just a suggestion. I havent tried CS-cart free, but it would suggest to make CS-cart free as a part of Laravel framework of Cs-cart 5 which other people use and test to help fix bug and improve for CS-cart 5, so CS-cart 5 will progress and improve faster, im waiting to purchase this CS-cart 5 and hopefully, it doesnt take too long

Thank you for the idea. I'm not involved in Laravel-based CS-Cart development, but from what I know, I wouldn't expect a CS-Cart 5 being free in the foreseeable future. For the moment, it's a solution for different audiences.

If the current CS-Cart is "a house that you can readily move into", then CS-Cart 5 (or CS-Cart Laravel, or [any other name] - it is still subject to change) is "a foundation for a skyscraper". That is, it lacks backward compatibility with the current CS-Cart and its abundance of readily-available built-in and third-party add-ons.

But on the bright side, we're making full use of "giving up on backward compatibility" with CS-Cart 5. As in, right now we can freely make big changes without bothering our customers or add-on developers :)