Mass Redirect

Hi,

We are looking at moving away from Interspire and were wondering if there is a simple way for us to redirect all of our existing pages to the new ones generated by CS Cart?

Thanks in advance!

Do you want to stay on the same domain or are you going to use another domain?

[quote name=‘alliancestudio’]Hi,

We are looking at moving away from Interspire and were wondering if there is a simple way for us to redirect all of our existing pages to the new ones generated by CS Cart?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Generally there is only one way to redirect URL A to URL B one by one, so you will have to redirect each link to another manually with a 301 redirect in your .htaccess file.

I have a bunch of 301’s but my host company is telling me that it may be slowing my site down because the .htaccess is read first. any ideas?

[quote name=‘moka’]I have a bunch of 301’s but my host company is telling me that it may be slowing my site down because the .htaccess is read first. any ideas?[/quote]

It’s the only and usual way to do that. I know xx customers who used this method without any speed complaints.

[quote name=‘moka’]I have a bunch of 301’s but my host company is telling me that it may be slowing my site down because the .htaccess is read first. any ideas?[/quote]

Its highly unlikely that even having several hundred 301 redirects in your htaccess is causing any slowdowns, apache handles those incredibly fast and very well.

On one of our sites we have 330+ redirects in the main .htaccess configuration, and it works flawlessly just as it should. If your host does seem to be slow, maybe its time to switch providers! :wink: