Martfox Internet Services Number 1

Well I thought I had better post on here that I finally got my issues with what I thought was CS-Cart not installing properly, as Inndy stated it was not a problem with CS-cart, it was a problem with my server provider.

Anyway I got CS-Cart installed after a server change and bought a RapidSSL certificate through Martfox Internet Services…http://www.martfox.com

As usual I got stuck on the installation of the cert, so tried the Martfox online help service, Roman on there was great with me and helped me alot, I can’t praise her enough…I hope its a her!!

If I could do it all again I would definitely use Martfox Internet Services.

Thanks Roman & Inndy. :smiley:

(promise to listen next time Inndy)

Leigh.

they helped me get livezilla chat client set up hope this helps now just got to figure out where do the offline msgs get left at lol

I have trial account on MartFox, and after one day of real customers testing, DB server is not responding, at least two times :frowning:

Support is great and fast, but the problem is still there,

I have 2.11 and only 35 goods!!! DB size is only 8 Mb. I have tried already 3 VPS servers and 2 shared hostings and everywhere is similar situation. Support staff is telling me that SQL queries produced by CS-Cart are massive and server is not able to take care about :(.

I don’t understand, how everybody else is working? What kind of the hosting are you using and is it really stable?

I am really don’t like to thinking about it, but should I move to another cart, not so nice, but more light?

The answer from martfox support:

[09-Feb-2010 18:23:49] PHP Fatal error: Smarty error: the $compile_dir ‘/home/hdprehra/public_html/var/compiled/customer’ does not exist, or is not a directory. in /home/hdprehra/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

This indicate an error with your website software and not a server side issue.

I’ve attached a text file,this MySQL query was being run around 9 times and causing an extremly high load on the server, well beyond acceptable levels.

This is probably why your website is becoming unstable. You will need to find out why this is happening and prevent it from reoccurring.

The query is attached:

query.txt

Do you know if this folder is missing? /home/hdprehra/public_html/var/compiled/customer

This is strange because that folder is supposed to be automatically created even if you delete it yourself. Delete /var/compiled and /var/cache and see what happens.

Both folders are there.

Hi sergen,

Martfox is investigating your log files, anyway your files/folders permissions are not set properly:

admin.php; index.php; = [COLOR=Red]666 [/COLOR]> 644

all files inside the /var/ folder [COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]= [/COLOR]777 [/COLOR]> 644

Ok, but how file permission can cause long SQL queries?

[quote name=‘sergen’]Ok, but how file permission can cause long SQL queries?[/quote]

It has nothing to do with MySQL, it’s just recommendation to change that. But it seems to be the same problem as with your previous provider and you said you used a VPS.

Take a look at this shop: http://www.buynewguns.com

It has more than 16,000 products, your store just 30.

[quote name=‘sergen’]I have trial account on MartFox, and after one day of real customers testing, DB server is not responding, at least two times :frowning:

Support is great and fast, but the problem is still there,

I have 2.11 and only 35 goods!!! DB size is only 8 Mb. I have tried already 3 VPS servers and 2 shared hostings and everywhere is similar situation. Support staff is telling me that SQL queries produced by CS-Cart are massive and server is not able to take care about :(.

I don’t understand, how everybody else is working? What kind of the hosting are you using and is it really stable?

I am really don’t like to thinking about it, but should I move to another cart, not so nice, but more light?[/quote]

The query from the attached text file in your post #4 above, was running for over 200 seconds around 20 times when your site became unavailable. It’s the most common query your site is running so would be the problem.

If the problem is similar to your previous as you said and you was 3 times on VPS, then I don’t think it’s a server- or Martfox problem and also not in CS-Cart because there are a lot people who have running shops with xxx products.

Try to reinstall your cart without to use your MySQL backup file and put your products manually there.

P.S. Fortunately just 35 products :rolleyes:

There are definitely some slow queries issues on cscart current version.

I’ve submitted a ticket via helpdesk, and provided them with ftp access and the sql query that was hanging even my local wamp sql server during testing.

After a while, about a week I think, they found the lines where the queries were not being optimized/coded correctly, and fixed it directly on my server.

My slow sql query statement is different from yours though. So my advice is to create a ticket in helpdesk and seek cscart help on resolving these slow queries issues. It will also enable them to include these fixes in the next upgrade version (for the good of all)

As cscart make use of complicated multiple joins statements in a single query, where each short section within that query can come from multiple different functions/files/addons, it will be extremely difficult for any of us to help you with solving the problem.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]The query from the attached text file in your post #4 above, was running for over 200 seconds around 20 times when your site became unavailable. It’s the most common query your site is running so would be the problem.

If the problem is similar to your previous as you said and you was 3 times on VPS, then I don’t think it’s a server- or Martfox problem and also not in CS-Cart because there are a lot people who have running shops with xxx products.

P.S. Fortunately just 35 products :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Nice advice. I spent many long days to translate into the Czech language, create the structure and the site data…

I don’t understand why you always saying “my site”, I bought CS cart license, install it, I don’t have any third party addons, I don’t have any customizations, only small invoice template improvements. I didn’t modify any SQL query, so I don’t understand why this just not working for me.

Sorry may be it is not correct thread to post my problems and may be in your eyes I am damaging your hosting business here, but believe me it is not my goal. As I mentioned during the last month I have tried 6 different hosting providers and now I understand it is not there.

[quote name=‘sergen’]Sorry may be it is not correct thread to post my problems and may be in your eyes I am damaging your hosting business here, but believe me it is not my goal. As I mentioned during the last month I have tried 6 different hosting providers and now I understand it is not there.[/quote]

No problem, I hope your problem will be resolved as soon as possible and as you can see, everybody here and people from Martfox try to help.

Finally I have got the answer from CS cart support team, they investigate the problem more deeply and found the bug in current version 2.11 and 2.12, they even return me credits back :smiley: .

This happens when you are using combination of certain functions, and massive usage of product filters like in my case, cart generates monster query which is jamming the queue and all other quires are waiting and site doesn’t respond.

Hope it will work longer time.