Manufacturers List

Hi guys :slight_smile:

I have researched how to alphabetize the manufacturers list and was told to go to ROOT/addons/manufacturers/func.php I did that but I still couldnt find how to alphabetize them. I am using a block with filters and pulling the manufacturers names from the list of Suppliers. I hope this makes sense, is there a better way to show manufacturers than this? They are on the left hand side a little ways down. http://www.onestopfishingspot.com Thank you so much for your hard work and amazing knowledge, you guys are awesome.

Maybe someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but if you just have the position of “0” for each manufacturer they should be displaye alphabetically. At leas this is how I have it.

Brandon

I must have not set up the manufacturers correctly because they made my shipping very difficult as it was dependant on supplier. I took out the manufacturer block until I can better figure out how to make it. Thank you for your help, I appreciate your reply.

The manufacturers block is different than the Suppliers addon.

You can set shipping methods based on a supplier (e.g., a dropshipper). It can be shown on the product but does there is no Supplier block.

The manufacturer is used to designate the manufacturer or brand of the products (e.g., Adidas or Nike). It is used to promote brand awareness and allow customers to shop by brand. The manufacturer block has no impact on shipping.

Bob

Thank you so much for your replies, I will keep on tooling with it. I see in the blocks section under products there is a block for manufacturers. So my question is, where do I insert all the manufactures information? I cant seem to find anything but suppliers to put manufacturer information like company name, website url, company description, company logo, etc. Thank you so much for your help, I feel like I am so close!

[quote name=‘jobosales’]The manufacturers block is different than the Suppliers addon.

You can set shipping methods based on a supplier (e.g., a dropshipper). It can be shown on the product but does there is no Supplier block.

The manufacturer is used to designate the manufacturer or brand of the products (e.g., Adidas or Nike). It is used to promote brand awareness and allow customers to shop by brand. The manufacturer block has no impact on shipping.

Bob[/QUOTE]

First, go to Catalog->Product features and make sure you have a Manufacturer feature set up. You can specify manufacturers in the Variants tab or you can add manufacturers as you go while setting up products. You will also want to ten set up a Product filter in Catalog->Product filters.

The go to your product and select the Features tab. You can set your manufacturer for the product here. You can also use the mass edit feature to set the manufacturer - select the items and then choose “Edit selected” at the “Choose action” link. Unselect all and then check Features for on the “Select fields to edit” sheet. You can either edit the items individually or you can use the “Apply values to all selected product” to set the same manufacturer. Finally, hit the Save button.

Bob

When I go to the Features tab under products I don’t see manufacturer for one of the options. I see Format, Size, and ISBN but no manufacturer. But if I go to one of the stock products that came with the cart I see New Features and I do see the Manufacturer icon. Is there a way to add this to my new products?

One other quick question how do I change the Price range options?

Thanks,

Chris

In Catalog->Product features, check to see what categories the filter is applied to.

You can change the price range in Catalog->Product filters. Edit the “Price” filter.

Bob

The Manufacturers worked than you very much.

Now when I change the price range it does not show up on the front page any more. Do I have to change something in the products so the price range picks up on this

Make sure you did not uncheck the “Show on home page” option on the filter.

Bob

Got it work work. Here is my next question I selected a price range of 50 - 100 products that cost $195 are showing up.

Thanks,

Chris

PS Thanks for the help guys

Thanks,

Chris

Look like you still need to adjust the From-To values to match the Name in Catalog->Product filters.

Bob

Yes, The from - To values where not matching the name values

For Example

Name - %150:price% - %250:price% From To Values 350 to 450.

They where not matching up. I guess yo have to edit the name

Or you can change the values to 150 and 250.

Bob

You are a huge help, I am starting to get it. Thank you thank you thank you!