Manufacturerers on Menu

I would like to add an option to my that lists all my manufacturerers. This would not be a filter but

just a regular menu showing all product features: manufacturers. I need to add this to my existing horizontal

menu at [url removed] Anyone have any advice on how to accomplish this?

After looking at your top menu, I'm not 100% sure how you have it setup, but in a default CS-Cart setup, it would be pretty easy.

Just create a top level menu item called Manufacturers and then assign additional menu items to that “category”

It wouldn't be dynamic, and you'd have to change them manually, but it would work just fine.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’ timestamp=‘1320031379’ post=‘124948’]

After looking at your top menu, I’m not 100% sure how you have it setup, but in a default CS-Cart setup, it would be pretty easy.

Just create a top level menu item called Manufacturers and then assign additional menu items to that “category”

It wouldn’t be dynamic, and you’d have to change them manually, but it would work just fine.

Hope that helps,

Brandon

[/quote]

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your quick response. I wish it was that easy :). I was thinking maybe there is some way I can get a custom query that would bring up just the Manufacturers and allow me to implement them into my menu. The menu I am using is ADDON: FREE Horizonal Category Menu - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor Community Forums | Connect with the Community | Find Solutions. It is dynamically creating my category menu and i would like to add the Manufacturers list to the menu. Any further suggestions?

I guess a guy could use that and then also use my filter dropdown addon that I posted the other day.

Basically you would make the menu, say 75% and set up the addon as a block in the header at 25% or whatever.

The addon I posted allows you to select which filter/feature is a dropdown so I'd think you could put the filter block up in the header the same as putting it anywhere else.

Obviously you'd have to do some work on the styles, but I think it would get you pretty close.

Besides that, I'm not sure.

Hope it helps anyways.

Thanks,

Brandon

Solesurvivor,

I'm actually just starting to develop something you might even like better then what you're describing:

It will be a beautiful big menu, with categories, subcategories, and features that you can see and click on in one go. Comparable to http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/examples/mega-dropdowns/#

But then with brands so it will look like:

I will be fully manageable through the admin area.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1320052498' post='124959']

Solesurvivor,

I'm actually just starting to develop something you might even like better then what you're describing:

It will be a beautiful big menu, with categories, subcategories, and features that you can see and click on in one go. Comparable to http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/examples/mega-dropdowns/#

But then with brands so it will look like:

I will be fully manageable through the admin area.

[/quote]

Flow,

That is a cool idea. I previously used that exact mega menu but my boss didn't like it as much

it becomes to “busy” looking for our needs and wanted a pure css solution.

We have converted back to a one column menu I just don't know how to get other options

in the menu other than categories. Any pointers you could provide me in that area?

It may be as simple as providing an example query that could be used by more or less

copying the code in filters_extended.tpl. Thanks.

I am doing something similar with mega menu css from John carrol but having a problem getting it not to run off the side of the screen. this is just all .css

John

[attachment=4671:brands.JPG]

brands.JPG

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1320067194' post='124973']

Flow,

That is a cool idea. I previously used that exact mega menu but my boss didn't like it as much

it becomes to “busy” looking for our needs and wanted a pure css solution.

We have converted back to a one column menu I just don't know how to get other options

in the menu other than categories. Any pointers you could provide me in that area?

It may be as simple as providing an example query that could be used by more or less

copying the code in filters_extended.tpl. Thanks.

[/quote]

Well, what you want is actually not hard at all.

You have features, right? And then manufacturers. These can all have an SEO link.

So simply go to Design - Top menu - add item. Call it Brands.

Now make another item. Give it the name of the brand. Choose Brands as parent item. Put the SEO url in the URL field there et voila, you have a link to a brandpage.

Hope this helps!

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1320077454' post='124996']

Well, what you want is actually not hard at all.

You have features, right? And then manufacturers. These can all have an SEO link.

So simply go to Design - Top menu - add item. Call it Brands.

Now make another item. Give it the name of the brand. Choose Brands as parent item. Put the SEO url in the URL field there et voila, you have a link to a brandpage.

Hope this helps!

[/quote]

Thanks. I figured it out a little different. Since I am using Categories add_on for the horizontal menu it

wasn't as simple as using the top_menu function. I had to create a new appearance type of Filters and then add a Filters block after the categories block. This is the result.

[attachment=4672:screen.gif]

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1320076724' post='124995']

I am doing something similar with mega menu css from John carrol but having a problem getting it not to run off the side of the screen. this is just all .css

John

[attachment=4671:brands.JPG]

[/quote]

John,

How did you get the logos to show up?

screen.gif

Added the html the menu.tpl file with the links being really just the search link for the particular brand, not ideal but does the job as the server etc is quite fast.

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’ timestamp=‘1320087341’ post=‘125011’]

Added the html the menu.tpl file with the links being really just the search link for the particular brand, not ideal but does the job as the server etc is quite fast.

John

[/quote]

Ok… I was hoping for a more dynamic solution. :)