Making "Manual" category block look like "Emenu"

I want to have two category boxes on my site, barnchange.com. One on the right and one on the left. Both with different categories in them.

When I choose Filling: Manually, I can choose what categories (and sub-categories) go in that box, however they are just links and do not look like the emenu filling choice. Moreover, the sub categories appear as links within all of the other categories. When emenu is chosen the sub categories do not appear unless the parent category is hovered over.

So, what I am basically looking for is for each category box to have the look and feel of the emenu filing, but with the option of adding only certain categories to it.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks!

schemas/block_manager/structure.php

would be a good starting point.

You’re going to have to edit the Array for Categories-> Manually to allow “emenu” to be an option in the drop down.

That’s a starting point, may take more work than above…

Cheers!

[quote name=‘TonyK’]schemas/block_manager/structure.php

would be a good starting point.

You’re going to have to edit the Array for Categories-> Manually to allow “emenu” to be an option in the drop down.

That’s a starting point, may take more work than above…

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Any specific run through on this - or indeed whether it is advisable - I’d rather someone other than a rook trying it :wink:

Here is area targetted - now what would I do?

[QUOTE]‘categories’ => array (

‘fillings’ => array (

‘manually’ => array (

‘params’ => array (

‘simple’ => false,

‘group_by_level’ => false

)

),

‘newest’ => array (

‘params’ => array (

‘sort_by’ => ‘timestamp’,

‘plain’ => true,

‘visible’ => true

)

),

‘emenu’,

‘plain’ => array (

‘params’ => array (

‘plain’ => true

)

),

‘dynamic’ => array (

‘params’ => array (

‘visible’ => true,

‘plain’ => true,

‘request’ => array (

‘current_category_id’ => ‘%CATEGORY_ID%’,

),

‘session’ => array(

‘product_category_id’ => ‘%CURRENT_CATEGORY_ID%’

)

)

)

),[/QUOTE]

I agree, emenu should be active in the appearance type box for manual filling categories.

It could requires to modify more that one file. If someone can do an addon, I’ll get it.

Have you managed to make this modification?

I am also interested…

[quote name=‘nonibanacu’]Have you managed to make this modification?

I am also interested…[/QUOTE]

I’m also very interested on this. Maybe we can join and pay cs-cart team or any community developer to build this feature. I’m willing to make it happen.

I would like this also

I try to do, it's work but if have subcategories why dont have pop up on the right?

Just last week I sent this request to cscartrocks, no reply yet. Do you people think this could be a popular addon? Please give your opinions.

There are pros and cos. It could confuse the navigation having more that 1 block with flyout submenus. But also it could be useful when the store has different product lines and they don't fit together on the same block.

The other solution is to have the ability - after the emenu category block is created- to list the root categories in a popup panel with an “active” or “hidden” option. By default all the root categories will be active. Then will be easy to build any group of root categories with flyout sub-menus.

I talked to the developers at ShippingKit about getting this done, I believe they said it would be around $60 to have it done, FYI.

[quote name='rmsilver7' timestamp='1312154812' post='118593']

I talked to the developers at ShippingKit about getting this done[/quote]

When will be ready? Please let us know so we can order this one too. Thanks!

I actually didn’t end up getting it as I figured out what I needed was already built in to CS-Cart. But you can send them an email at info@shippingkit.com and I dont think it will take to long to get it all done :)

Did anyone found the solution?

I visited ShippingKit website, but no add-on like this was released.

[quote name='rmsilver7' timestamp='1312217822' post='118643'] I actually didn't end up getting it as I figured out what I needed was already built in to CS-Cart. [/quote]

And I couldn't figure it out yet.

Would you tell us how to get “Manual” category block look like “Emenu” built in to CS-Cart?

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][quote]]And I couldn't figure it out yet. Would you tell us how to get “Manual” category block look like “Emenu” built in to CS-Cart?

[/quote] Webgraphiq did an addon for me, it doesn't require any changes. Easy to install and easy to setup. Contact thomas at webgraphiq.com and mention what cart version you have.[/font]

Thank you!!