Make Info Notices More Admin Friendly

This is a general plea for the way cs-cart displays notices when the admin is updating products in the admin section. Here’s 2 examples that have been drivingme crazy this week.;

When importing the only notice of success is displayed at the end of the process. This notice shows for about 2 second then goes away forever. When an import is long I don’t want to sit staring at the screen when hoping to catch the message. I want to get on and do soemthing else then have a report shown. Often import fail and the is no details of why or what to do to fix the problem.

Also when adding products or updating one at a time - I edit the product and save using “save and close” this takes me back to the stock list. Just as I go to click on another product to edit that, the screen moves up and I click the one below the one I want to edit. I then have wait for that to load so I can close it and try again. The reason why the screen jumps is because one of these info boxes shows telling me I’ve saved a product. It then close and the product list moves up to fill the gap it leaves. Waiting for thise infobox to do it things is wasting my time.

Come on guys, think a bit more about how real store owner will be using the software.

Settings>Appearance>Common Settings>“Notice displaying time (to turn off the autohide function enter 0):”

Doesn't that cover it?

Don't don't know does it ? I have to take a look and let you know.

Even if it does it won't solve the lack of information on imports, the basic problem is the import will finish and even if you see the notice you've checked and cleared the ceque and pulled your hair out before you decide the was something wrong with the import file. Need a preview screen of whats going to be changed so you know it's right before it starts.

A related question:

How do I turn off the warning messages that a new version of CS-vcart is available? We are sticking iwth what we have until 3.1 unless a good reason comes up. I just want to ok this message and have it go away. Drives me nuts…

Jack

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1360785343' post='155207']How do I turn off the warning messages that a new version of CS-vcart is available?

[/quote]

Settings>General>Uncheck “Check for updates automatically:”

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1360784895' post='155205']Even if it does it won't solve the lack of information on imports, the basic problem is the import will finish and even if you see the notice you've checked and cleared the ceque and pulled your hair out before you decide the was something wrong with the import file. Need a preview screen of whats going to be changed so you know it's right before it starts.

[/quote]

Agreed, the import isn't great. Despite the import functionality was crap in itself, I always thought Interspire did this well, giving you a detailed list of everything that would be changed before you fully commit to the import. Probably the only good thing the cart did, mind.

I really don't know why Magneticone don't do a desktop manager for CSC. They do one for most other carts and the reason I've not moved my site sooner is I current take advantage of their software for creloaded. The import and export in there software is brilliant. I can stock a shop with over 10,000 products including setting up all the seo, cats, images the lot all from one csv file. And when I import it it validates and show me where each field will be inserted and gives me the choice to move it on the fly if I have data in the wronge field.

Probably because CS-Cart has structurally changed 3 times in the last 12 months and potential sales volumes of their product for CS-Cart isn't as high as other carts. I'd imagine most of the carts they currently offer a Store Manager for have a much larger customer base than CS-Cart. Hopefully, once the API is launched and if it is all we have hoped for, that will be another major factor in businesses choosing CS-Cart over other solutions.

[quote name=‘StellarBytes’ timestamp=‘1360784587’ post=‘155204’]

Settings>Appearance>Common Settings>“Notice displaying time (to turn off the autohide function enter 0):”

Doesn’t that cover it?

[/quote]

Well I set it and started adding images to the verivants of my options. It solved the problem with the info making the page jump but also removed the ability to “save & close” so now from combinations it’s 3 clicks to get back to the product listing :(

What did you set the “Notice displaying time” value to? It should make no odds to any other function than the notification balloons automatically closing.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1360856947' post='155283']

What did you set the “Notice displaying time” value to? It should make no odds to any other function than the notification balloons automatically closing.

[/quote]

It's ok, I had disabled the quick menu to try and make the backend quicker to respond.

Still at a loss how either of these could remove the 'Save & Close' button, doesn't seem logical but maybe Quick Menu does remove Save & Close.