Mac Safari mp3 Download Problem

Does anyone know why mp3 downloads in CS Cart download properly as mp3s in Windows, and on Macs using Firefox browsers, but not Safari? I have been debugging this and so far, the encoder used to encode the mp3 audio file doesn’t seem to be the issue (since I’ve encoded mp3s in both iTunes and using Switch, a free app, and neither download right in Safari).

What happens is that a customer using Safari on a Mac downloads the mp3 using the download link CS cart provides. As it downloads, it shows up as [filename].mp3.au. There is NO “.au” on the actual filename stored in the store–>var–>downloads folder. The files are all “[filename].mp3”. But during the download, the filename becomes “.mp3.au.” iTunes then refuses to open it. However, if you just ERASE the .au from the file name, it plays as a perfect mp3.

Somewhere during download, the extension .“au” is being added. Do you think this is an encoder issue, a CS cart issue, or a server issue that is confusing Safari? Has anyone else experienced this?

***And yes I wish I coudl just tell users that Safari isn’t supported…but that is a customer service nightmare. :-)

Hmmm, okay, no replies yet…

I really need to get this fixed. My Mac peeps are in a frenzy about this.

Can anyone recommend a good CS-Cart developer/bug fixer who will tackle this issue for me?

Thx.

Summer

[quote name='summer00' timestamp='1317775814' post='122934']

Hmmm, okay, no replies yet…

I really need to get this fixed. My Mac peeps are in a frenzy about this.

Can anyone recommend a good CS-Cart developer/bug fixer who will tackle this issue for me?

Thx.

Summer

[/quote]

CS Cart does some things very well and this might be one of them - post a bug report if you have not already done so.

If not a bug pay them to fix the problem.