Look Of Page Displaying Subcategories

Hi :)

I have one category in my shop where all the products are in different subcategories. Is there a way that I can edit the look of the page displaying all the subcategory links? Each subcategory is represented by a small image and a text link. I would like them in a nice grid with borders around each image/text link - pretty much like the regular category pages where products are listed. I'm using CS Cart v. 4.3.

Hi :)

I have one category in my shop where all the products are in different subcategories. Is there a way that I can edit the look of the page displaying all the subcategory links? Each subcategory is represented by a small image and a text link. I would like them in a nice grid with borders around each image/text link - pretty much like the regular category pages where products are listed. I'm using CS Cart v. 4.3.

You can edit the look of any page using CSS. If you use firefox browser you can add firebug to it, which will allow you to inspect the elements of the design and the CSS. This thread might help as well http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/43321-changing-css-and-updating/

If you are not up to that then you should hire a designer.

Alan

You can use the categories:view hook (design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/views/categories/view.tpl) to modify the following part of the code:

{if $subcategories}
    {math equation="ceil(n/c)" assign="rows" n=$subcategories|count c=$columns|default:"2"}
    {split data=$subcategories size=$rows assign="splitted_subcategories"}

{/if}

Okay thanks for your input and for pointing me in the right direction! :)

I was hoping there were some settings somewhere that I had overlooked, unfortunately I can't figure out how to do this with CSS, will have to let it be until my budget allows me to hire a designer.

Okay thanks for your input and for pointing me in the right direction! :)

I was hoping there were some settings somewhere that I had overlooked, unfortunately I can't figure out how to do this with CSS, will have to let it be until my budget allows me to hire a designer.

You are right. There is no such a setting. Additional code modifications are requried