Logo disappeared from front page

My logo disappeared from my front page of my site but if you go to any of the Categories links it shows up. Any idea how to fix this?

see it http://www.compactdiscount.com

I tried reinstalling the logo and renaming the logo neither fixed the problem.

Just upgraded to 2.0.12.

Did you alter some code in your tpl files? Because the logo is missing in the code.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Did you alter some code in your tpl files? Because the logo is missing in the code.[/QUOTE]

Which tpl file is missing the logo code and what is the code that is missing?

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]Which tpl file is missing the logo code and what is the code that is missing?[/quote]

I don’t know but your other sites, there the logo is visible have this in the code:

[quote]

Compact Discount

[/quote]Just the home page shows that:

[quote]

[/quote]Try to delete the logo in tha admin panel and upload it again.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]I don’t know but your other sites, there the logo is visible have this in the code:

Just the home page shows that:

Try to delete the logo in tha admin panel and upload it again.[/QUOTE]

I delete the logo uploaded it again and I still have the same problem.

Delete all files in /var/cache/ and all folders inside /var/compiled/ folder and reload the page.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Delete all files in /var/cache/ and all folders inside /var/compiled/ folder and reload the page.[/QUOTE]

I deleted all the files in both directories reloaded the page and still have the same issue.

Then try this:

1. go to admin > design > logos
  2. Logo for the customer area (choose Select a file from server)
  3. find and choose the logo in the folder on your server
  4. save it

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Then try this:

1. go to admin > design > logos
  2. Logo for the customer area (choose Select a file from server)
  3. find and choose the logo in the folder on your server
  4. save it[/QUOTE]

I loaded the logo from the server. Saved it and it still doesn’t work.

Open your template file /skin/basic/customer/top.tpl and replace the whole code with this one:

[quote]{* $Id: top.tpl 8643 2010-01-19 14:13:22Z lexa $ *}

{$settings.Company.company_name}

{include file="top_quick_links.tpl"}

{include file="top_menu.tpl"}

{assign var="escaped_current_url" value=$config.current_url|escape:url}
{if !$auth.user_id}
{$lang.sign_in}
{$lang.or}
{$lang.register}
{else}
{$user_info.firstname} {$user_info.lastname}
({include file="buttons/button.tpl" but_role="text" but_href="$index_script?dispatch=auth.logout&redirect_url=`$escaped_current_url`" but_text=$lang.sign_out})
{/if}

{if $settings.General.secure_auth != "Y"}

{$lang.sign_in}

{include file="views/auth/login_form.tpl" style="popup" form_name="login_popup_form" id="popup"}

{/if}

{include file="common_templates/search.tpl"}

{include file="views/checkout/components/cart_status.tpl"}

{if $localizations|sizeof > 1}

{include file="common_templates/select_object.tpl" style="graphic" link_tpl=$config.current_url|fn_link_attach:"lc=" items=$localizations selected_id=$smarty.const.CART_LOCALIZATION display_icons=false key_name="localization" text=$lang.localization}

{/if}

{if $languages|sizeof > 1}
{include file="common_templates/select_object.tpl" style="graphic" link_tpl=$config.current_url|fn_link_attach:"sl=" items=$languages selected_id=$smarty.const.CART_LANGUAGE display_icons=true key_name="name" language_var_name="sl"}

{/if}

{if $currencies|sizeof > 1}

{include file="common_templates/select_object.tpl" style="graphic" link_tpl=$config.current_url|fn_link_attach:"currency=" items=$currencies selected_id=$secondary_currency display_icons=false key_name="description"}

{/if}

[/quote]

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Open your template file /skin/basic/customer/top.tpl and replace the whole code with this one:[/QUOTE]

Replaced the whole code in top.tlp file with the code listed, uploaded it, replaced the old version and I still have the problem no logo on front page.

Then I’m sorry. I would re-install the cart.

Do you have this code in your top.tpl file? Around line #3

It may look somewhat different if you have a custom logo.

[quote name=‘roban’]Do you have this code in your top.tpl file? Around line #3

It may look somewhat different if you have a custom logo.[/QUOTE]

Yes I do here's the code.

Any suggestions other then reinstalling the cart from anyone?

[quote name=‘Compact Discount’]Any suggestions other then reinstalling the cart from anyone?[/quote]

The reinstall shouldn’t be a big problem because you can choose to reinstall just the skins.

So I’m wondering if you have a custom logo in which case

would not apply. It might look something like this:

Assuming your image is in the ‘images’ directory. If not, you’d have to put in the correct path, image name and image dimensions.

If this does not work for you PM me your FTP info and I’ll try to sort it out.

Awsome is, that it happens only on his home page. Other sites are showing the logo correctly.

It’s showing on his home page now as well

I’m wondering what was the problem and how he fixed it.