Locked Out of Admin on Localhost!

Hi All,

I locked myself out of [url]http://localhost/cscart/admin.php[/url] but can’t change the password via because my local server isn’t set up to send outgoing emails.

Is there somewhere in PHPmyAdmin where I can find the newly generated password or change the password for admin?

Also, I have “Use Email Address for Login” set, so that may be a factor as well.

Any feedback/help is greatly appreciated because I really need to be able to work on my testing site during development and it would be a shame to start over.

Thanks,

Jerry

It’s in the users table. Your password there is encrypted though. I am not sure what type of encryption it is off hand, but if you know that you can find something online that will encrypt a password for you and you could reset it that way.

I had problems with localhost because my database was so large… When I imported the database it was truncated so the users table was empty and I couldn’t log in.

Go to [URL]http://www.adamek.biz/md5-generator.php[/URL] and generate an md5 hash using the password you want. Then go to phpMyAdmin and your database. Click on the cscart_users table to expand it then on the ‘Browse’ button. Go to your user and edit. Enter your new md5 hash and save it.

You should be able to log in with your new password.

Wow Roban, that was awesome. Thanks a bunch.

I’m glad it worked for you. Good luck with the store.

I got the MD5 ok, went into database…but when I click cscart_users nothing happens.

Please note: this file will be placed into the following directory on your server:

/var/www/html/demo.cs-cart.com/var/database/backup/

demo? wtf!

[quote name=‘crashy’]I got the MD5 ok, went into database…but when I click cscart_users nothing happens.

Please note: this file will be placed into the following directory on your server:

/var/www/html/demo.cs-cart.com/var/database/backup/

demo? wtf![/quote]

Sorry I don’t understand your issue. You need to do this on your host in phpMyAdmin

ummm…are you saying that it looks like Im not doing that?

newbie question - HOW exactly do you ‘go into PHPMyadmin’ ?

Ive seen that statement many times. Ive done a search on the forum. Ive been through the entire user manual. At NO POINT is there anywhere that says ‘this is how you go into PHPMyadmin’. how is this possible?! and they wonder why newbies have problems!

and what is admin.php then?

[quote name=‘crashy’]ummm…are you saying that it looks like Im not doing that?

newbie question - HOW exactly do you ‘go into PHPMyadmin’ ?

Ive seen that statement many times. Ive done a search on the forum. Ive been through the entire user manual. At NO POINT is there anywhere that says ‘this is how you go into PHPMyadmin’. how is this possible?! and they wonder why newbies have problems!

and what is admin.php then?[/quote]

You’ll be able to use phpMyAdmin if you are hosting on a server with SQL databases. Log into your hosting account and navigate to where your databases are stored. You should see a link to phpMyAdmin.

If you don’t know what you are doing, it probably isn’t a good idea to be directly editing your database anyway. Ask your host or someone for help.

[quote name=‘roban’]You’ll be able to use phpMyAdmin if you are hosting on a server with SQL databases. Log into your hosting account and navigate to where your databases are stored. You should see a link to phpMyAdmin.[/QUOTE]

I can get into the database, but there is no file called phpmyadmin

[quote name=‘crashy’]I can get into the database, but there is no file called phpmyadmin[/quote]

phpMyAdmin is not a file it’s a part of your CPanel or whatever your host uses that displays your database and its tables. You should have a link to it where your MSql database links are. If you can’t find it, PM me your host log in info.

If your host runs CPanel, you should see a link for MyPHPAdmin - you can use this to directly manipulate the information in the database.

Bob