locate user authorization

Hello,

I had a developer set up a user login area to our commerce site a while back.

He added some info on the page for me. I’m needing to update that page at this point but can’t seem to locate the template editor in the backend.

If anyone is able to let me know what folder the template is that would be great.

Here’s the site.

[url]http://order.sdsskateboards.com/index.php?target=auth&mode=login_form[/url]

This really depends on how your host sets up subdomains.

subdomain = orders

In Cpanel the subdomain is a folder off the main directory

/public_html/orders

If that is how yours is set up then the login file would be found under the public_html directory in a folder called “orders”…

Well just taking a guess here, but have you looked in your admin under look and feel - site layout under the General tab.

You could also check skins/your-skin/customer/welcome.tpl

Maybe someone else will add a little more here.

Brandon

Yeah I have been looking at all the templates in /skins/new_vision_blue/customer

folder under template editor with no luck. I’m sure it’s there somewhere but can’t seem to locate that specific tpl file. The developer has been slow to answer as well.

Are you looking for the .tpl through the CS-CART admin interface OR through your hosting file manager OR an editor/application like Dreamweaver?

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]Are you looking for the .tpl through the CS-CART admin interface OR through your hosting file manager OR an editor/application like Dreamweaver?[/QUOTE]

Acutally either. If I can edit on dreamweaver that would be fine too. I’m just not sure how he edited it to begin with and where the file is, tpl or php.

I tried to view source maybe to find the extension, but couldn’t locate where it was.

I believe it has to do with the “target=auth&mode=login_form” from the address.

[url]http://order.sdsskateboards.com/index.php?target=auth&mode=login_form[/url]

but I’m a new to all this web talk really.

Yeah, the thing is you are looking for a specific file and it either is on a subdomain or redirects to the subdomain this will determine where it is located.

If you are actually on a subdomain and it’s not redirecting then the file will not be in your skins/YOUR_SKIN/ folder…as I described above.

If you are redirecting to a subdomain then you might be able to find the file in your skins/ OR root folder…

Have you checked:

skins/YOUR_SKIN/customer/ auth_pages

skins/YOUR_SKIN/admin/ auth_pages

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]Yeah, the thing is you are looking for a specific file and it either is on a subdomain or redirects to the subdomain this will determine where it is located.

If you are actually on a subdomain and it’s not redirecting then the file will not be in your skins/YOUR_SKIN/ folder…as I described above.

If you are redirecting to a subdomain then you might be able to find the file in your skins/ OR root folder…

Have you checked:

skins/YOUR_SKIN/customer/ auth_pages

skins/YOUR_SKIN/admin/ auth_pages[/QUOTE]

Hmm, like I said I’m pretty new to this stuff, but the cs-cart was set up as an “order” folder on our site, ie order.sdsskateboards.com. Is there a way I can find our if it’s redirecting or not?

I have looked in both the customer/admin folders. I maybe be skipping over the file there, but I’ve looked a handful of times. Seemed like such an easy thing for me to do… but this is sucks.

Ok…I see that you don’t actually sell anything on your main domain…so when a customer clicks to login they are redirected to your order.sdsskateboards.com subdomain…which is where your CS-CART is located…got it.

I don’t know it is kind of hard to find what you’re looking for when you can’t see where you are looking :wink:

If you want to PM me with your FTP login info I’d be happy to take a look at what you have and how you have it set up. I might be able to find it.

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]Ok…I see that you don’t actually sell anything on your main domain…so when a customer clicks to login they are redirected to your order.sdsskateboards.com subdomain…which is where your CS-CART is located…got it.

I don’t know it is kind of hard to find what you’re looking for when you can’t see where you are looking :wink:

If you want to PM me with your FTP login info I’d be happy to take a look at what you have and how you have it set up. I might be able to find it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help, I don’t think I’d be comfortable to give you that sort of info :wink: but really thanks… I’ll post later if I’m able to find it… “Where is Waldo?”, That’s what this feels like.

No problem…

If you had a search feature you could search for part of the text on the page…

Like “Chris Dunlop”

Once you find that text chances are you’ve found the page you are looking for or at least a part of it…

Or maybe search for login_form.tpl

Hope you find it.