Localizations, Shipping and 404 errors

Hi,

I’m trying to configure my shop to process orders correctly, and initially had received the no shipping location message when trying to do a test checkout.

After a lot of tweaks, I finally determined that because I had no localizations set up, it caused this error.

Upon adding a “USA” location, the error message disappeared. But, so did some menus and then when I added the localization to these menu items, I started getting 404 errors.

Now I see that I’d have to go through to every category and product page and set the localization…

Questions:

1. Is there a way to disable “localization” all together so there is only one default?
  2. Is there a need to keep localization?
  3. Is there a quick way to ensure all my content shows up without going through every option and choosing the localization?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

[quote name=‘esteve’]Hi,

I’m trying to configure my shop to process orders correctly, and initially had received the no shipping location message when trying to do a test checkout.

After a lot of tweaks, I finally determined that because I had no localizations set up, it caused this error.

Upon adding a “USA” location, the error message disappeared. But, so did some menus and then when I added the localization to these menu items, I started getting 404 errors.

Now I see that I’d have to go through to every category and product page and set the localization…

Questions:

1. Is there a way to disable “localization” all together so there is only one default?
  2. Is there a need to keep localization?
  3. Is there a quick way to ensure all my content shows up without going through every option and choosing the localization?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve[/QUOTE]

Hello Steve,

It is not required to use the localizations.

In order to use the shipping methods you just need to set up the locations properly.

Please read the “CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation” and “CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation” articles in our Knowledge Base.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Mikhail,

I did read this article on locations, but it’s not entirely clear whether or not I need to add a new location for every state, even if there is already a location set up for “USA”

I did try to add an additional location for USA, Georgia, but still I received the shipping error.

The shipping error went away after adding a localization.

Do I need to set up a location for each state?

Thanks!

[quote name=‘esteve’]Hi Mikhail,

I did read this article on locations, but it’s not entirely clear whether or not I need to add a new location for every state, even if there is already a location set up for “USA”

I did try to add an additional location for USA, Georgia, but still I received the shipping error.

The shipping error went away after adding a localization.

Do I need to set up a location for each state?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

Why does support need access to my web server? Do you mean they just need access to my CS Cart installation?

I’m not sure how my server’s configuration would relate to this type of error…

Please let me know and I will contact support!

[quote name=‘esteve’]Why does support need access to my web server? Do you mean they just need access to my CS Cart installation?

I’m not sure how my server’s configuration would relate to this type of error…

Please let me know and I will contact support![/QUOTE]

Yes, we need just access to your CS-Cart installation in order to check the settings.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

In case it helps someone else, the issue I had was caused by a missing UPS Access Key, which needed to be requested. Upon reviewing the logs, I noticed the XML was being rejected.

Adding the proper UPS Rate Access Key solved this issue.

No localizations were needed.