Localization Confused ? Please help

hello

I ship to Canada and USA. I have setup Localization, do I create two products with same SKU number one for Canada and One for USA or how this will work, as one product I wanted to offer free shipping for USA and same product I wanted to offer with shipping charges ? How Can I do this.

Hello tigerbabba,

Thank you for your message.

I suppose that you would not need the Localizations feature in your particular case. This feature allows to adapt the software to regional differences. You can create different localizations for different regions with their currency, language and measures of weight. When a customer registers or signs in, the system identifies the country by the IP address and checks whether it fits any localization. If yes, the parameters will be displayed according to the settings of the localization.

As far as I understand, you want just to have different shipping rates for different locations (e.g. free shipping for the USA and some flat rate for Canada when the same product is purchased). In this case you should create two different locations: one for the USA and one for Canada. You can find detailed instructions on how to create country locations here:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…setting-country

After this you should specify the necessary shipping rates for the created locations in your shipping methods. Detailed instructions on how to implement it you can find here:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…al-ship-methods

To find out how to create a free manual shipping method I suggest that you should follow these instructions:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thank Pavel for your detailed answer.

The problem is I have a product in USA I wanted to offer that particular product free shipping but in Canada I wanted to charge shipping rates reason why because shipping from USA to Canada is a little expensive as compare to shipping with in US States.

Therefore If I click free shipping on a particular product , I get free shipping on that product for all Countries ? for example if some one from Canada visit our store and tries to buy that same product they will get free shipping thats what I wanted to avoid.

I hope I am clear.

Hello tigerbabba,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, you are right. If you select the Free shipping check box on the editing product page in your CS-Cart admin panel, it will make shipping free for all the destinations. So I suggest that you should follow the instructions provided in my previous post to set the free shipping method in the way you need.

If you experience any difficulties with it, please do not hesitate to contact us via Customer Help Desk. Our technical support engineer will be glad to assist you in this matter.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks again - but your method allowing me to setup filters like if product price is $100 or more provide free shipping we dont wanted to do that, we wanted to offer free shipping for specific product and then same product charge shipping to INTL countries.

Hello tigerbabba,

Thank you for the reply.

Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team