List Price Vs Price

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hey,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I posted this in the General Question area but got no response, so trying my luck here.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I'm just wondering why CS-Cart uses the “List Price” for cart calculations when the “List Price” happens to be less than the “Price”?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]When the price is higher it uses “Price” and shows the product is on sale. Am I just confused on the role of “List Price” vs “Price”?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Is there a way to always use “Price” in cart calculations no matter what?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Rob [/font][/color]

What is your cart version?

List price is only used to calculate a discount to be displayed. It is not used in any real pricing calculations.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1415392933' post='196408']

What is your cart version?

[/quote]

I'm using 4.1.5

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1415406637' post='196418']

List price is only used to calculate a discount to be displayed. It is not used in any real pricing calculations.

[/quote]

Thanks. I have seemed to have a clearer understanding of why this is happening, but not quite 100% sure. I used the CSV importer tool to import all my products, some of which had the list price as lower than the price. All I had to do was edit the problem product and just hit save again and it fixed the issue. I don't know why/how this is happening and I don't want to have to look and re-save all my products that this is happening on so I'm going to try to find a better solution.

to always use price, dont use list price anywhere.

List price is cs is used the same was a by Ford cars

List price 19,999

price now 15,999 thats an amazin super duper 4000 off list…BUY TODAY" :)

in which case price now is the real price

Why is your list price lower than your actual price anyway?

List price can come into play with promotions with a $ off.

Jack

[quote name=‘johnbol1’ timestamp=‘1415718737’ post=‘196638’]

Why is your list price lower than your actual price anyway?

[/quote]

I’m not exactly sure, it isn’t my product data. :-)

What I have found so far is when I exported the offending products, the Price value wasn’t what was showing in my admin panel in CS-Cart, but was the actual lower List Price number. This is why saving the product fixed my issue previously.

Luckily I had an old CSV file with the prices still there, so I re-imported that file and it seemed to work. I ran some filters on the file in excel to check which products had a lower list price than actual price and checked a few of those and they all get added to cart with the correct number.

I don’t know why this happened but it seems to be a weird one-time thing.