Link to search result

Hiya,

I have just added some banners to my shop and I would like, when clicking on one of the banners, to make it perform a search.

I have tried using the link created by a search but that don't work.

Anyone got any ideas how to do this?

Thank you,

Nige.

When you say it doesn't work, why not? What exactly happens?

So when I do a search a link is generated in the address bar. I can copy and paste this link into a new browser wind and it bring up the search results, great :)

If I however put this link into the link box for the banner, it don’t like it and just returns to the homepage. Not great lol :(

So the question is how can I link a banner click to display a search result.

Probably happens because you're passing one dispatch into another and it gets lost somewhere along the lines.

What exactly are you trying to achieve, wouldn't you be better using Product Features/Filters for this?

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hi There,[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]### Go to admin panel->website->banner and edit the banner you want to change the url:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]In the URL Field put the below line:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]/index.php?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=YOUR_SEARCH_TERM&dispatch=products.search[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Just replace “YOUR_SEARCH_TERM” from above with the searching term you want to search.[/font][/size]

Hope this goes fine with you.

Hiya,

Thanks Chilliapple, that worked a treat, thank you very much.

I was missing the index.php bit of the link.

Fantastic works perfect now :)

Nige.

Hi Nige,

:-) Thanks for reply and appreciation!!!

Love to assist you further.

Ty,

Vishakha