Link To My Product

Hello,

In the description of a product, I would like to add a link to another product. The link should be generated to a seo friendly url.

Is there a way I can add a kind of “code” that generate the url from into the product description ? Or should I actually use the real link of the product and if the name change, update all my links ?

Thank you

Hello,

You can surely edit the links manually, but also the process can be automated with the additional code modification. If you are interested please contact us.

Best regards,

Alt-team

hi,

Alt-team is right, additional code modification is needed so we are at your service.

Best regards,

WSA team

We are also at your service!

Weird, I would have thought it would be built in since if I create an add and link to a product should be done the same way.

thanks for the help. I'll see how I deal with it.

I just use the SEO name for links in my descriptions. If for some reason I were to change the SEO name of a product, I will set up a 301 redirect at the same time, but I also would run a query on the database and search for the old SEO name.

Even when I used the internal CS-Cart non-SEO links, those links needed updating when I upgraded from v2 to v3.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1437250513' post='223456']

I just use the SEO name for links in my descriptions. If for some reason I were to change the SEO name of a product, I will set up a 301 redirect at the same time, but I also would run a query on the database and search for the old SEO name.

Even when I used the internal CS-Cart non-SEO links, those links needed updating when I upgraded from v2 to v3.

[/quote]

You're absolutely right, I shouldn't change the SEO links once it's on prod otherwise I will lose my rank. I forgot about redirect 301. That should be the way to handle this.

Thank you, that's how I'll manage that.