Lingerie Store

Hi Guys,

still working on minor issues with the site but I have no doubt ‘speed’ of the site will come up, the reason i mention this is because that is what I have been reading about on this forum for the past half an hour - some very good comments and top tips to may I add from Lee Li Pop etc.

Here goes, firstly I had problems with the template and the techy guys at cs cart helped out with every problem - some paid some free. Thank you to all who helped, much appreciated :slight_smile:

I still am working on uploading more stock to the site, so yes there is room for more - a lot more but getting there.

Now to the site, it’s called Wicked Wendi.com , and we sell lingerie in the UK.

http://www.wickedwendi.com

Comments and Crits always welcome and taken on board - no matter how tough, it all helps in the end.

Cheers.

Kroggy

Site has a nice look and feel to it for what you’re selling. The speed here in the U.S. is not all that bad, seen better but not that bad. I like the size of your images and the site layout is clean and easy to navigate. Like the twitter page that matches the site too. It’s nice to see that you have a complete terms and conditions, privacy and contact us pages. So many fail to create these.

This is just my preference, but the hot pink text against the black is kind of hard to read I think. I’d probably go with the white text or maybe make it a bit bolder and or bigger font size. Here again it’s just me. (Perhaps making it a larger font size might solve the issue. I"m dyslexic so all text to me runs together anyway (even the very text I’m typing) , but just a suggestion.

Might add an about us page to complete your info pages. Overall I think it’s a great looking site and you were very detailed in it’s creation. Well done! Have fun!

Stu

Looks very nice, I am in UK and speed is not bad. If I were you I would enable gzip from Li Lees post, and or smart optimizer I got great results with these.

There are other things you can tackle when you see fit (see www.pingdom.com).

expire headers and such.

© 2010-2011 Wicked Wendi Ltd. Powered by Customer ecommerce solutions Is still pointing to CS Cart you can change that by following this [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Seo is not enabled but I suspect you know this.

I like it, is it the electro skin modified and which image zoom do you use.

Good Luck!

John

[quote name=‘kroggy’]it’s called Wicked Wendi.com , and we sell lingerie in the UK.

http://www.wickedwendi.com

[/quote]

1. You’ve just lost a potential customer here (USA)
  2. You will have less google rankings for google.co.uk but higher google.com which leads to point 3…
  3. Customers will attempt to order from the states, arrive at the checkout and bulk at shipping.
  4. Then leave.

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]Site has a nice look and feel to it for what you’re selling. The speed here in the U.S. is not all that bad, seen better but not that bad. I like the size of your images and the site layout is clean and easy to navigate. Like the twitter page that matches the site too. It’s nice to see that you have a complete terms and conditions, privacy and contact us pages. So many fail to create these.

This is just my preference, but the hot pink text against the black is kind of hard to read I think. I’d probably go with the white text or maybe make it a bit bolder and or bigger font size. Here again it’s just me. (Perhaps making it a larger font size might solve the issue. I"m dyslexic so all text to me runs together anyway (even the very text I’m typing) , but just a suggestion.

Might add an about us page to complete your info pages. Overall I think it’s a great looking site and you were very detailed in it’s creation. Well done! Have fun!

Stu[/QUOTE]

Hi Stu,

thanks for your comments.

I do understand what you say about the text and the colour, I may have to increase the font slightly however to match in with the site I need to stick with the colour.

I haven’t used it in the main info pages as I found it literally too much.

Still need to write up the ‘About Us’ page, finding that one a bit hard as we are new to the lingerie business.

Many thanks for taking time out to view the site.

Kind Regards.

Kroggy

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Looks very nice, I am in UK and speed is not bad. If I were you I would enable gzip from Li Lees post, and or smart optimizer I got great results with these.

There are other things you can tackle when you see fit (see www.pingdom.com).

expire headers and such.

© 2010-2011 Wicked Wendi Ltd. Powered by Customer ecommerce solutions Is still pointing to CS Cart you can change that by following this [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Seo is not enabled but I suspect you know this.

I like it, is it the electro skin modified and which image zoom do you use.

Good Luck!

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John,

just to say ‘thanks’ for dropping by and checking out the site and reporting back - very much appreciated and my appologies for the late reply.

Busy working on the stock for the site at the moment, especialy with Valentines Day around the corner. Some of the pointers you have added such as smart optimizer will have to wait until after February, at the moment it’s all about stock; but I do hear what you say and this wil be all taken on board and the site modified.

As for the site, the template came from Algozone, and the images use Magictoolbox - a great bit of kit to enhance image based sites like wickedwendi.com

I do follow some of the things you write on here from time to time, so I do take on board what you say - thank you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards.

Kroggy

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]1) You’ve just lost a potential customer here (USA)

2) You will have less google rankings for google.co.uk but higher google.com which leads to point 3…

3) Customers will attempt to order from the states, arrive at the checkout and bulk at shipping.

4) Then leave.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jesse,

very good point with regards to overseas buyers, I agree totally with what you say and thank you for pointing that out. I intententionally want to promote the site to the UK market at first (time constraints), if this goes well I will then open up to other countries.

At the moment the site is about marketing through Google Ads to catch the February trade for Valentines Day. This is purily due to the fact of the age of the site and nothing more. After February, we will hopefully have more varieties to add to the on-line store, this will allow us to cater for a larger global audience.

We appreciate your views and we will hopefully broaden our horizons throughout 2011 to take into account other countries that may wish to purchase from us.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Kroggy

Kroggy,

you know what Jesse was tryin to say was that by havin a .com addy the ranking on google can focus more towards USA results and less favourable to .uk market. I notice you have .co.uk domain pointed to it also.The best approach for targetting UK customers via search engines is .co.uk. That and making sure your servers are UK too.

John

Please Review My Website - www.corsets4u.co.uk

[quote name='corsets4u' timestamp='1308637898' post='115406']

Please Review My Website - www.corsets4u.co.uk

[/quote]

Why would you post a magento website in a cs-cart forum ?