letting users make testimonials?

Hi,

how do I let people write testimonials ? right now there is only a “review” tab on the product pages of my shop.

thanks,

b

If you are running version 2, make sure you have created a testimonial block in Design>Blocks.

Make sure Testimonials are enabled by specifying the number of posts to display and who may submit testimonials. You can change these in Add-Ons>Comments and reviews (at the bottom of the page).

You then need to create an initial testimonial which will display in the testimonial sidebox along with a “More” link that will take the customer to a full page of testimonials. The customer can submit their testimonial from this page.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]If you are running version 2, make sure you have created a testimonial block in Design>Blocks.

Make sure Testimonials are enabled by specifying the number of posts to display and who may submit testimonials. You can change these in Add-Ons>Comments and reviews (at the bottom of the page).

You then need to create an initial testimonial which will display in the testimonial sidebox along with a “More” link that will take the customer to a full page of testimonials. The customer can submit their testimonial from this page.

Bob[/QUOTE]

hi Bob

thanks, but I’m running 1.3.5 … is it the same process?

thanks

b

In 1.3.5 or 2.0.x, go to Site layout and choose the testimonials tab. You can enter your first testimonial here.

Bob

how do we write a first testimonials? I cant see any link either in front end or backend.

I have created the testimnials box and also edited in the addons.

Choose the Site layout link under the Look and Feel section in Admin. Then choose the Testimonial tab and enter your first testmonial. This is with CS1.3.5-sp4.

Bob

i want to display only 2 testimonials on sidebox, but currently it is showing 8, how should i control ?

[quote name=‘miracles’]i want to display only 2 testimonials on sidebox, but currently it is showing 8, how should i control ?[/QUOTE]

If in 2x

In admin.php?dispatch=block_manager.manage

Find and edit testimonials block.

Block content: Specific settings, set number you need.

thanks mate