Last Call - What Host Do You

Recommend. :slight_smile:

We are green when it comes to handling server/programming stuff. We get a bit over 30gb traffic monthly, and will have close to 5,000 products. Customer base right now is close to 500, but we are only 1 month into running with CS-Cart. So should be over 1,500 before year ends.

Phone Support, Chat Support, a must, and under $40 per month.

Milezone

http://milezone.com

Martfox offers a special CS-Cart starter package for EUR 8.50 (EUR 7.10 for annual payments). Itā€™s a LiteSpeed VPS Server with limited number of accounts (max. 70).

[URL]http://www.martfox.com/cs-cart-hosting.php[/URL]

or VPS [URL]http://www.martfox.com/vps-hosting.php[/URL]

No phone support.

Martfox currently dont have phone support, I use them and always have had prompt replies and knowledgable answers.

Would recommend.

John

Martfox denied me actually. Originally went with GoDaddy VDS, but changed my mind as the person helping with transfer steered me away from GoDaddy.

So still thinking on where to go, tough dicision indeed.

Milezone

[quote name=ā€˜milezoneā€™]Martfox denied me actually. Originally went with GoDaddy VDS, but changed my mind as the person helping with transfer steered me away from GoDaddy.

So still thinking on where to go, tough dicision indeed.

Milezone[/quote]

Hi,

why Martfox denied you?

You actually did that. You said we get too much traffic to go with Martfox. I sent you a personal message a few weeks ago. :wink:

Milezone

[quote name=ā€˜milezoneā€™]You actually did that. You said we get too much traffic to go with Martfox. I sent you a personal message a few weeks ago. :wink:

Milezone[/quote]

Hmmmā€¦ odd, I didnā€™t send you any PM regarding traffic or something similar. I think that would be a stupid answer from me as there arenā€™t any traffic restrictions except the shared plans, but can you resend me the PM I sent to you?

Donā€™t have the email on that. As well only see hosting out of the USA, canā€™t click USA hosting. So the site only allows for UK billing? Thanks but still need to search for USA Hosting w/ Phone Support, Under $50 a month, VPS, and one that of course will handle CS-Cart with ease at 50gb a month average traffic.

Milezone

[quote name=ā€˜milezoneā€™]So the site only allows for UK billing?[/quote]

If you are on the .com domain, then that is the US domain so the flag is disabled.

Good luck.

[quote name=ā€˜milezoneā€™]Thanks but still need to search for USA Hosting w/ Phone Support, Under $50 a month, VPS, and one that of course will handle CS-Cart with ease at 50gb a month average traffic.[/QUOTE]

I recommend HostGator VPS. A level 3 VPS with WHM/cPanel is $49.95/mo. You get 2 IPā€™s, 1.13 GHZ, 768 MB RAM, 30GB Disk Space and 500GB Bandwidth. They have 24 hour toll free phone support and 24 hour live chat. Iā€™ve been on thier VPS for a few months now and have had a very good experience.

With help from a few here, we found a excellent host.

I spoke with a tech on the phone for what it seemed like an hour. Never once did he pressure me, rush me, but helped make our choice quite easy. Even walked me through the entire process from ordering to logging into the new system. And even suggested we stick with Shared Hosting until we see how that works, and can later upgrade to VPS if needed. But he said because we are coming from GoDaddy, we will notice a huge increase in traffic and less 500 errors.

Even better they are based out of the same state we are, and a ā€œsmallerā€ company, which means more attention to customers. So thanks for the tips, we should be transferred next week in our new (hopefully permanent) home.

Milezone

ā€œBut he said because we are coming from GoDaddy, we will notice a huge increase in trafficā€¦ā€

A very interesting comment that I have never heard before.

What are they talking about?

[quote name=ā€˜Travelerā€™]ā€œBut he said because we are coming from GoDaddy, we will notice a huge increase in trafficā€¦ā€

A very interesting comment that I have never heard before.

What are they talking about?[/quote]

Speed and stability.

[quote name=ā€˜JesseLeeStringerā€™]Speed and stability.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GoDaddy is a good registar but their hosting flakes a bit on occasion.

[quote name=ā€˜tletourneauā€™]Yeah, GoDaddy is a good registar but their hosting flakes a bit on occasion.[/quote]

Predictability aside their control panel makes like a living hell. Having moved from GoDaddy you will notice a speed increase and well as more visitors according to Googleā€™s New verse.