Language package

hi there,

i am just wondering whether i can download the language package and install to my current cs shopping cart.

For, i only install english when i did the installation, but now,i'd really love to install several language to the shopping cart.

Is it possible for just downloading the language package and install via the FTP account ?

Thank you

Process is this…

1. Create a new language in Content/Languages using the correct code. This will copy all the EN entries to ES (for Spanish as an example).
  2. Import the install/database/es.sql file into your database. This will overwrite all the ES entries that are known in the es.sql file.
  3. Review things and add translations that were not included in the es.sql.

Hello, londonman!

There are several language packages included in standard CS-Cart - German, French, Italian, Russian etc. In order to install them after CS-Cart installation, you should do the following:

• Open the “install/database” directory of your CS-Cart installation. There are the following languages packs there: “lang_ru.sql”, “lang_fr.sql”, “lang_it.sql” etc.
  • Copy the necessary files to the “var/database/backup” directory of your CS-Cart installation.
  • Log in to your administration panel, open the “Administration” menu and click on the “Languages” link.
  • Click the “Add language” button in the top right corner.
  • Enter the code and name for a new language in the appropriate fields in the opened “Add language” pop up window and click the “Create” button. The desired language will be added to the store (it will be the copy of English translation at the beginning).
  • Open the “Administration” menu and click on the “Database” link. Make the full database backup first by clicking the “Backup” button. If something goes wrong you will be able to revert the changes by using this backup file.
  • Then open the “Restore” tab on the same page. You will see the files you copied on the page.
  • Select the check boxes near the desired files and click the “Restore” button. The translation will be loaded to database, you will see it when select the appropriate language.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1330323225’ post=‘132165’]

Process is this…

1. Create a new language in Content/Languages using the correct code. This will copy all the EN entries to ES (for Spanish as an example).
  2. Import the install/database/es.sql file into your database. This will overwrite all the ES entries that are known in the es.sql file.
  3. Review things and add translations that were not included in the es.sql.

[/quote]

hi tbirnseth,

thank you for your reply indeed. :)

[quote name=‘orangegirl’ timestamp=‘1330323235’ post=‘132166’]

Hello, londonman!

There are several language packages included in standard CS-Cart - German, French, Italian, Russian etc. In order to install them after CS-Cart installation, you should do the following:

• Open the “install/database” directory of your CS-Cart installation. There are the following languages packs there: “lang_ru.sql”, “lang_fr.sql”, “lang_it.sql” etc.
  • Copy the necessary files to the “var/database/backup” directory of your CS-Cart installation.
  • Log in to your administration panel, open the “Administration” menu and click on the “Languages” link.
  • Enter the code and name for a new language in the appropriate fields in the opened “Add language” pop up window and click the “Create” button. The desired language will be added to the store (it will be the copy of English translation at the beginning).
  • Open the “Administration” menu and click on the “Database” link. Make the full database backup first by clicking the “Backup” button. If something goes wrong you will be able to revert the changes by using this backup file.
  • Then open the “Restore” tab on the same page. You will see the files you copied on the page.
  • Select the check boxes near the desired files and click the “Restore” button. The translation will be loaded to database, you will see it when select the appropriate language.

[/quote]

hi Kate Lazarevskaya, i am sorry for the delay on reply. thank you for the reply with a guide on setting language, which is much helpful for me to get a more understanding on CSCART :)

In my installation folder there is no sql file with the Spanish language definition. Someone could tell me if I can download it from somewhere?

Thank you.

install/database/lang_es.sql

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1332192458’ post=‘133439’]

install/database/lang_es.sql

[/quote]

hi tbirnseth, thank you for your reply. :)

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi there falks![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]I'm interested in[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]where I can[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]find[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]the file that[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]I translated[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]in[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]my [/color][color=#333333]native language across admin translation panel?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name=‘orangegirl’ timestamp=‘1330323235’ post=‘132166’]

Hello, londonman!

[/quote]

perfect! thank you :mrgreen:

[quote name='Pietri' timestamp='1336815928' post='136301']

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi there falks![/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333]I'm interested in[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]where I can[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]find[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]the file that[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]I translated[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]in[/color][color=#333333] [/color][color=#333333]my [/color][color=#333333]native language across admin translation panel?[/color][/font][/size]

[/quote]

you can export your translation from database table cscart_language_values

if you have ssh access you can do it like this

$ cd /path/to/your/directory
$ mysql -u username -ppassword -e "SELECT * from `databasename`.`cscart_language_values` WHERE lang_code = 'XX' " > filename.txt

where XX is your language code

This will generate a tab separated file filename.txt

Duch is also included.

But only 5% is translated!

Language files are not the only things to do!

Often a lot of other things have to be done.

For example in Dutch: first postal code and then place.

Dutch payment modules (good working) have to be added.

I come form Vietname so i need a Language Vietnam , please help me

[quote name='orangegirl' timestamp='1330323235' post='132166']

Hello, londonman!

[/quote]I do not have any of these language packages in the “install/database” directory. Is there a place where I can download these packs? I do have professional 2.2.4.

I do not have any of these language packages in the “install/database” directory. Is there a place where I can download these packs? I do have professional 2.2.4.

Hi

I have a CS-Cart: version 3.0.2 COMMUNITY and the “Add Language”-button is not visible in the language-page in Admin. Is it supposed to be missing in the community-version?

My directory is /public_html/install_backup/database. Should I download languages packs firstly and then upload them to the directory /public_html/var/database/backup?

[quote name='meseta' timestamp='1354218121' post='150127']

My directory is /public_html/install_backup/database. Should I download languages packs firstly and then upload them to the directory /public_html/var/database/backup?

[/quote]

Actually you can do this by use of the admin Database Restore feature.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1354261986' post='150145']

Actually you can do this by use of the admin Database Restore feature.

[/quote]Oh. There are many functions that I donot know how to use. The cs-cart is great software.

What about CS-Cart 4.0.1 ?