Label Printing Automation

We have started getting lots of orders recently and are wasting hours printing address labels and writing product names on the back of each label.

Is there a way to make cs-cart communicate with a label printer (we own a Zebra printer) and automatically print an addresses label for each order along with the respective ordered item names?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Haven't got round to doing the cscart site but this was also a problem I had with ebay (when I was approaching 100 a day, and I had to individually copy and past the addresses and print them separately on my dymo lablewriter).

With ebay I can select the orders and download them to a csv file, I then created a macro in excel that deletes all the information from the label i dont want (i created a macro so at a button press I end up with all I want so it takes seconds to format downloaded csv in the future). The csv will then have lots of lines like mr thompson|55 fielend road|Surrey|xyz abc etc etc

There is a plug-in for excel by dymo that you then highlight all these and press the dymo tool-bar button.

labels are then printed altogether.

The initial set up is a bit lengthy but after that it takes no time at all to do.

I'm sure cscart will have the same sort of down load that you could convert.

lables work out about 1p on a roll of 220 ( I get them off ebay). I also have it so so other information is printed on it along with the address(our post office code number, a qr of the ebay site etc.)

I tried the exporting orders from Cs-cart but unfortunately, cs-cart exports order details (product name,options etc) separately and shipping address details separately. I can't see a way around.

Create a new view from the 'print packing slip' area that fits the Zebra size.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1367315269' post='161010']

Create a new view from the 'print packing slip' area that fits the Zebra size.

[/quote]

Sorry for sounding a noob but where do I see the print packing slip area and how do I create a view? I dont have much knowledge about databases.

Try Packing Partner, it prints invoices and labels that you can format and design how you like.

It can send address details to shippers like UPS, DPD and Royalmail etc so all you do is print.

Works with CS Cart, Amazon, eBay and PayPal and more.

We have been using it for about 3 years now, support can be a little patchy sometimes but its worth it.

[quote name='jain1980' timestamp='1367317770' post='161015']

Sorry for sounding a noob but where do I see the print packing slip area and how do I create a view? I dont have much knowledge about databases.

[/quote]

I believe what JLS is referring to is editing the packing slip template to your needs whereas then you can bulk print the packing slip/label via the admin panel.?