Janie Art US Based Designer

Hello CS-Cart members!

I am a long time developer for X-cart and am excited to let you all know that I have expanded my service base to CS-Cart clients. Please help me build my CS cart portfolio! I am offering Custom Design services and Integrations for CS Cart now.

www.janieart.com

My Web Development Portfolio

After we have worked together please post in the reviews thread and review your experience with me. Great one on one customer service is my first priority to my clients, Thank you so much and I am looking forward to working with you!

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

Yes, welcome!

And if I can start with some advice?

Your text would read much more serious if you’d use less exclamation points in your text!

Not only, here but also on your website!

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1308119263’ post=‘115030’]

Yes, welcome!

And if I can start with some advice?

Your text would read much more serious if you’d use less exclamation points in your text!

Not only, here but also on your website!

[/quote]

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, I have a tendency of using many !!!. My brother in law mentioned it, thanks! :)

Welcome to cs-cart world !

Initial offer is awesome, but your hourly/rates are very high.

In the price 55 usd/hour we offer a dedicated project manager and a senior developer.

Also have a look at other companies prices : CS-Cart reseller + services - Resellers - CS-Cart Community Forums

Anyway, WELCOME !

Thanks for the welcome, flat rates are available upon request! Also, I am based in the US, have been a web site developer for over 12 years now, I have worked for large enterprises as well as for small businesses so obviously I have never had to work for less then 50per hour. My website may be new, but I am not. The only reason my website took so long to launch was because I was busy with clients, so it was in the building stages as I was in-between projects. My E-Commerce experience started with x-cart and I have 8+ years working with that cart. I recently had a CS-Cart client and thought it would be a great idea to launch into that cart and gain more experience in servicing that cart, hence the great introductory rate I am offering. I will not leave any client out in the cold, the project will be complete to spec and I will be around for any sort of follow-up updates that may be needed or adjusted.

There are so many factors considering the value of services received and price is but one of those factors (communication, responsiveness, consulting, advice, etc.). She (like many others) recognizes that cs-cart has the feature/function to allow her to customize it to meet the needs of her customers… Maybe she is the project manager and senior developer…

I'm not sure what you are talking about Tony. Shouldn't she work for peanuts like everyone expects you to do?

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1308280043' post='115113']

I'm not sure what you are talking about Tony. Shouldn't she work for peanuts like everyone expects you to do?

Brandon

[/quote]

Most definitely!

I charge between $75~$100 per hour regardless of clients.

Those whom have worked with me from day one are provided cheaper rates but the same service.

Designing skins takes time, if you want to pay peanuts you should bring at least three trucks of them to sell wholesale

Janie, your portfolio speaks for itself displaying some very nice work!

Regarding the hourly rate, if you are talented, (and I do believe you are), then what should really matter to your customers is how much you can actually accomplish in an hours time, right?

I went blank when our new accountant stated his hourly rate at $100.00 per hour, however, he explained that he can get a tremendous amount accomplished in an hour, so, I gave him the opportunity to prove it, so now I am amazed at just how much he can accomplish per hour, turns out to be well worth the $100.00/hour fee he charges! ;)

From what i see, this is the gap between western and eastern hemisphere.

And what do you know, if you go far more to east (india) the prices drop even lower.

@stuck I see your point and I agree 100% but only when you are comparing a skilled person with a rookie, however when comparing persons with the same skill level, there is no way on this earth a one person can do the same job as 2 persons in the same time.

And I think you will agree on this.

In the end this discussion has gone in a different way that it was supposed to. We should make such debates in another thread -

Janie, Welcome !

I can't wait to see your first websites.

Thanks for the compliments! Obviously I am not a rookie, newer to the Cs-cart community but def not a rookie. As for price and competing with eastern markets, there is something to be said for hiring someone who you can call on the phone without having to pay international fees and who is on the same (or close to) timezone. Project management is just part of the consulting aspect of what I do, I have never thought it to be a big deal. Usually, project managers hire me. So going back on topic, I also have contacts (previous clients) who have agreed to giving testimonials of my work if anyone is concerned.

Very Cool Macro photos, I will keep you in mind.