Issue with importing images

Hi

Anyone know what might cause this

I am running 4.0.3

When I try and import images into existing products I get two messages.

One is in red Error File could not be uploaded

Directly below I get a success message

Important Data is imported successfully.

New objects - 0;

Updated objects - 17;

Skipped objects - 0;

Total - 17.

The images are not added,

Regards

Alan

are you sure your images are there in the first place and naming is correct ie apple.jpg in the default directory.

I have a problem with 4.0.3 where it duplicates items on existing products uploads which is a bug in the tracker.

how is uploading a new product? or is it just when you do existing products? if it is only existing products deleting the products and re-uploading may help till the fix

[quote name='mrfoameruk' timestamp='1386150887' post='172880']

are you sure your images are there in the first place and naming is correct ie apple.jpg in the default directory.

I have a problem with 4.0.3 where it duplicates items on existing products uploads which is a bug in the tracker.

how is uploading a new product? or is it just when you do existing products? if it is only existing products deleting the products and re-uploading may help till the fix

[/quote]

The product are already uploaded, I am uploading the images, I am 100% sure that the images are there.

I will have a go at uploading the images along with the product info all at once and see how I get on.

Alan

Do the /images/ and subdirectories and /var/ and subdirectories have the correct permissions? It depends on your server config, but on my servers, CS only works nicely with '777' on the /images/ and /var/ directories. Your server may differ, but ultimately you need to provide suitable write access.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1386172833' post='172905']

Do the /images/ and subdirectories and /var/ and subdirectories have the correct permissions? It depends on your server config, but on my servers, CS only works nicely with '777' on the /images/ and /var/ directories. Your server may differ, but ultimately you need to provide suitable write access.

[/quote]

Hi StellarBytes

It's rely guessing game with CS Cart. I discovered that this is a completely different issue, the error message was as previously pointed out that one of my images was named wrong. but all the rest had imported.

But the real issue was that when a product has more than one image the image carousel is activated and none of the images for the product are displayed, The images then show if the next pagination is used of the number of product displayed is changed.

But if the page is then refreshed the images disappear again.

have a post listed looking for how to turn of the carousel globally.